wi-fi health risk

Reaction score
Taken from the bbc website

Municipal Wi-Fi in Britain doesn’t seem to be hitting the same stumbling blocks that it’s American counterpart. With millions of subscribers and entire cities going Wi-Fi, Britain has developed a new concern… health risks.

The radiation produced from a Wi-Fi tower is similar to that from a cell phone tower. And in 2000 Sir William Stewart, current Chairman of the Health Protection Agency, led a study into the effects of cell phone tower radiation and determined that there was enough reason to be concerned and suggested a precautionary approach to putting towers near schools. Radiation levels are much lower than the safety limits in Britain but with entire schools going Wi-Fi there is an increased radiation level. Currently, there are studies being performed across the world and the jury is still out on this possible health problem

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Oh, here we go again.

Better dump all Micro-wave ovens, 'cos baby, they produce more "radiation" than any mobile, and 100 times more than any WIFI device on your PC.

:rolleyes:

I dunno, ain't 'kids' brains fried already with the crap they being taught at school ?? ;)

Where is the link for this "story" ??

Reaction score
Personally, I don't see how there is any impact, but I don't think it should be dismissed.

I can undersatnd people's concerns, but it won't be for another 6 years before we actually see any proof, or not, as the case may be.

Cancer risks aren't to be sniffed at.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ta ... :thumb:

Cancer risks aren't to be sniffed at.
Hmmm, better stop breathing then. :thumb:

Better stop watching TV, it operates on the same radio wave ... better not cook with a microwave oven, it operates on the same radio wave ... better stop using your mobile house DEC phone, it operates on the same radio wave ... better stop using your mobile phone, it operates on the same radio wave ... better not use that car, it has GPS, it operates on the same radio wave ... better stop using Two-Way Radios such as FRS and GMRS Radios, it operates on the same radio waves, anyone told the Police this yet? ... I better snap off my WIFI antenna off my BT home hub, it operates on the same radio wave

oh to hell with it, anybody got a light for my ciggies ? :D

Shall we continue on how Food is bad for you too ... :lol:

Reaction score
I have recently started a website (http://www.wifirisks.com) about wireless networks and whether they present risks to human health. I have not yet formed a settled opinion myself, and with vested interests on both sides of the debate I think we should all maintain a degree of scepticism.

However, it does seem that an increasing number of people are attributing symptoms (rightly or wrongly) to wi-fi and other EMF sources. The science in the Panorama report may have been presented badly, but that in itself underlines the need for more rigorous research in this area.