Why won't my computer unlock?!

G

My computer has disabled the welcome screen and will only log on/ log off with a dialog box. When i click switch user the box comes up and says the computer has been locked and only administrator can unlock it. (I am the admin) so i type my user name and pass and it takes me back to my account. I figure it is unlocked so I click switch user again and the same dialog comes up. This is a hassle because if anyone wants to use the computer for a minute I have to log off instead of just switching users as I had been for the past 6 or so months. The boxes under user accounts to enable welcome screen and fast user switching are checked (as they always have been since I installed XP).

The screen saver lock is also off as it always has been.

G

Try going to the User Accounts in the Control Panel, Change the way users log on and off, and select the both options if not already ticked.

N

NobodyMan

I was talking to Candy and did you not see the first post?

No, I didn't. That's because I'm using a real newsreading program
instead of the CDO web interface that you are using - which sucks.

Dump it. Use a program that has some newsreading capability, and is
included in XP FREE - Outlook Express. Although OE is really a mail
client that includes limited newsgroup functions, it's WORLDS better
than the piece of crap you are using - and will stop the kinds of
problems you are seeing here. You see, a proper news program will
include relevant text from the post you are responding too, or not
post your response to a new thread.

I prefer Agent, which is a full-fledged newsreader app with very
limited mail capability. To each their own.

D

David Candy

Usually network clients, like Novel or a windows domain turn off the welcome screen AND fast user switching. Therefore you have something, perhaps a pretty thing (custom theme) or something from your ISP that kills this feature. Any ideas.

G

I don't have any themes on right now although I used to and it worked fine then. I haven't changed anything at all.... Oh well. Thanks for the help anyway.

And nobody... I hardly ever use newsgroups so sorry for the mistake.

N

NobodyMan

I don't have any themes on right now although I used to and it worked fine then. I haven't changed anything at all.... Oh well. Thanks for the help anyway.

And nobody... I hardly ever use newsgroups so sorry for the mistake.

There has to be a way, in the crappy CDO interface you are using, to
include the post you are responding too. Otherwise nobody knows what
you are talking about, or who you are responding too.

Ask a Question