xp has locked itself and welcome screen is gone

G

My computer has disabled the welcome screen and will only log on/ log off with a dialog box. When i click switch user the box comes up and says the computer has been locked and only administrator can unlock it. (I am the admin) so i type my user name and pass and it takes me back to my account. I figure it is unlocked so I click switch user again and the same dialog comes up. This is a hassle because if anyone wants to use the computer for a minute I have to log off instead of just switching users as I had been for the past 6 or so months. The boxes under user accounts to enable welcome screen and fast user switching are checked (as they always have been since I installed XP).

The screen saver lock is also off as it always has been.

G

Hey cool guy, I'm having the same exact problem. I was wondering if you ever fixed it? Please let me know here is my email address (e-mail address removed) thanks again

Ask a Question