Which laptop?

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a laptop. It doesn't really need to be that compact as it will be a desktop replacement. I've not thought too much about a budget either although i'm not restricted in that area anyway so i surpose i could go upto 2-3K if nessecery . I would like one that can be used for all the main things, gaming, movies, picture editing etc.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what would be the best?

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
if you dont mind me asking but why do you want a laptop. because for exactly the same amount of money you can get a desktop system that is better in all areas.

but if you want to get a laptop
http://rockdirect.com/

have some very high spec laptops

but a high spec laptop comes at quite a high price

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Toshiba are good.

If it's size reduction you want, get a top of the range Apple Mac and run Windows on it.

24" Monitor, top spec, for around £2K.

Or, if you want true mobility, a large laptop is good, I suppose.

But if you're not going to be moving it around much, desktop system much better, much cheaper and less prone to software probs.

Tuck the main box under the desk, get a nice big 24" or 20" TFT screen, luvverly stuff :)

Reaction score
They make some great goodies & some great bargains to be had.
The best advert is a happy customer, got a friend on only his 2nd CRT monitor from them, 1st blew up after 2 years and was replaced no quibble, 2nd one is only 7 years old is on 24/7:thumb:

Bought some parts when building a pc a few years ago and got a swift & reliable service:D Also upgraded a pc last year, novatech offered the parts cheaply and was able to pick them up as i was near by, even got packed in a box:thumb:
Looked at them when looking at getting my pc nearly 2 years ago, why did i go with mesh, i dont know:blush:

Last edited:

Ask a Question