HP laptop broken touchpad

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I am hoping someone will be able to help with a problem I have with my 6 month old HP 250 G4 laptop. I inadvertently spat a small amount of coffee over the laptop (I thought I had a bee in my mouth!) and since then the left button on the touchpad doesn't work. It moves but doesn't seem to be making contact with whatever is underneath. It will occasionally work if I press down very hard and wiggle it about but otherwise nothing. The right button is working OK. I have tried in vain to find any replacement parts let alone a touchpad but to be honest I'm not sure what part I need or if it is more of a clean up problem. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Reaction score
If it is very clean on the outside you may always try a warranty return?
Alternatively home insurance claim?

Usually Touchpads even if you find a spare are a complete pain to remove and replace

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Similar happened with my Acer laptop. I looked for a new touchpad but couldn't find one. Took it to PC World and they had a look and charged me £35
Repair guy said it was sugar that had dried around a contact point and all he did was clean it. Problem solved.

As TXD says touchpads are a pain to remove and doing it yourself might void your warranty.

Ask a Question