Which joy stick

Reaction score
:bow: I have been looking at joy sticks on the net and wonder if anyone can help me to decide which one to purchase the first one is Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X - 12 button - PC, Game console, The second one is Saitek Cyborg X Flight Stick - 12 button - PC and the 3rd one is Logitech Attack 3 - 11 button - Black. I just wondered what you gamers on PCR would advised. I intend to use it for Microsoft Flight Simulator and a combat game not yet bought yet, advice on the combat game as well please. Thanks for any advice. Oh On the joy stick I don't want to spend more than about £40.:D

Reaction score
To play with joy stick is very much easy and it gives you the experience of tools an develops the real taste of games. this is easy to use and operate like cockpits.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alright, on a very serious and sensible Hector note...

Only joystick I've ever used is the one I have now, a Logitech Wingman Force 3D. It works well but I have nothing to compare it to.

I have yet to find a Flight Sim I'm any good at, it would appear my forte in this life was not to be a pilot cos I is crap at Flight sims but MS Flight Sim X came close, I almost managed to play that one.

There are numerous add-ons for MS FS X, I have Early Years Of Flight and Space Shuttle add-ons (Early Years is good, Space Shuttle is rubbish and needed a hard to find patch to work at all). Amongst the add-ons are several combat packs, perhaps one of those might fit the bill? Here's one of them:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Combat-Flig...SG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1317196073&sr=8-13

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Bootneck I cannot comment on joysticks, but thought I'd mention this flight-sim freebie, just in case it's of interest to you. :)

"Rise of Flight" is a First World War flight sim, which comes with two bundled aircraft, namely: Flyable Spad 13 and Albatros D.Va.

According to the website info:
Welcome to the NEW Unlimited Rise of Flight Demo! This version of Rise of Flight can be played for an unlimited time and features two flyable aircraft with full access to all their features. This should not be viewed as just a Demo, but more as a limited version of the Full game.
Unlike our previous Demo, you can now purchase and add new aircraft and content to the Unlimited ROF Demo. By downloading the Unlimited ROF Demo you can now build your own custom version of ROF by adding content at your own pace through the ROF Store.
The Unlimited ROF Demo includes the following.
  • — Flyable Spad 13 and Albatros D.Va.
  • — Full Access to Single Player and Multiplayer Modes for each aircraft.
  • — Full Access to Career Mode for each aircraft.
  • — Full Access to Gunner Positions in Bombers and Recon Aircraft in Multiplayer.
The link: http://riseofflight.com/tryrof/en

Apologies if your interest is only with modern aircraft. :blush:

Reaction score
Thank you FBS and TC for your input I have had a quick look at "Rise of Flight"and the Sturmovik web sites. Thanks for that by the way I had a great Uncle who flew with the RFC (Royal Flying Corps) later in 1917 to become the RAF he flew the Vickers Vimey (I think you spell it that way) bomber after the war he became a test pilot for Handly Page whilst still in the RAF and during WW2 he was an Air Commodore in Bomber Command, hence my interest in aircraft.

Ask a Question