• Xbox 360

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • None / Other

Votes: 13 7.5%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
With the next gen consoles being talked about, it will be interesting to see which format actually wins the most users.

I'm a big fan of PC games - I just like them better! The xbox 360 does look very good fun indeed, and I'll give one a go ;)

Reaction score
like in my other post :blush: i cant decide! but i think it will have to be the pc :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm the one voted none ...

I like board games ... when you get fed-up just throw it in the air, and run. (if I could)

Hey, I play Solitaire, does that count. :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I like board games ... when you get fed-up just throw it in the air, and run.

That one tickled me....:D

I still intend to game on my Pc more seriously...My Xbox I like for general games I can't play on the Pc, but when all is said and done its the Pc that keeps me coming back for more...

Consoles are more about the younger less experienced Gaming Generation, Pc's are still for the more Hardcore and experienced Gamer...

And its not all about size and Portability either with Consoles having the edge in that department, just look at all the Lan Partys popping up all over the place...If the games are good people will pack there Pc's up and travel miles to get to an event...One of my friends regularly travels to events and he says he loves the camraderie amongst the other fellow Gamers, and everyone gets the most fantastic kick out of looking over everyone elses Machine...

You don't get that with Consoles....

Reaction score
yep pc gaming will always be better i reckon... eventually the pc will take over the new consoles anyways... they always do ! in ways consoles are more fun... but i prefer to be playing online with strangers more of a challenge :) and like you said crazy legs you cant compare consoles ... yet you have benchmarks for pc's and you'll always get a kick when you get a good one :) ... il just get all three :p ... ps3 xbox 360 and pc! :D.. pc first ofcourse :p

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I'm not gonna beat around to bush, PC games will always be more advanced than console games, PC's are easily upgradable in ways consoles could only dream of. Of course you will be amazed with the next gen consoles for the 1st 2-3 months, but then a new PC title will come out and wipe the floor with anything consoles have to offer.

I will probably get all the next gen consoles just to try them out for abit, but i know i will come back to PC gaming straight the way. My favourite genre is FPS (first person shooters), console controll pads dont do FPS's any justice! I'll stick with me mouse and keyboard any day of the week,month or year.

Reaction score
The only time my wife ever beats me at anything is when we look at our video cards ... Radeon X700 vs Radeon 9550.

Thankfully, Quake 3 Arena has been our main game for years, as it's easy on the graphics card watching her body parts splatter all over the place.

The thing I don't like about pc gaming ... always chasing the graphics.

PS2 is the alternative. Gran Turismo 4.

A.

Reaction score
thats the only thing i have against the pc... if you get a top end system... it will be outdated in a few weeks/months... and atleast with a console you know the games will work with a pc you wil always have to check :blush: .. but the pc is much better... and you can use it for otther stuff other than games :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
it strange, back when i was a console gamer i used to get excited about a new generation.
but now that im a PC gamer, ill take a new piece of hardware for my computer over a new console!...
but when i go for a console, you guys can have your x-boxs and PS3s but im a nintendo guy, so nintendo revoulution for me!!

Reaction score
I still play my old MegaDrive, does that count?

I am dying for the total war series to arrive so I can give it a go though, and Sim City 4, I've been waiting to play that for years...
Oh and I really want to give Half Life a shot, never played it all those years ago.
Planetside (I think) is one that I've been told to have a go at too.

That is when I get my DVD drive problem sorted... hint hint :)

Take care
Eric

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I had a Megadrive my bro had a SNES so we were laughing whatever the format..

Used to love playing PGA Tour golf II on the Megadrive and SuperMarioKart on the SNES.....Two fantastic games I will never forget... And gave me and my bro so many hours of enjoyment....Oh how we played PGA Tour through the night ti'l 5 or 6 in the morning, and then got breakfast and ready for work and found we were both dozing off by 2 in the afternoon.....:D

Jesus i couldn't do that now it would half kill me....:eek:

Reaction score
for me the logic is simple,
money...
a kick-ass gaming pc: $2,367
a ps2: $129(with paddle and game)
an xbox360/ps3: Probly $3-400

my choice.....the 'cheapa' the betta, PS2 holds the title ..woohoo!!!!

Reaction score
well if you like lol :p ... if that was the case i think there would be alot less computer gamers... as that is a hell of a lot for a system... i know u mean the best thing ever but mant people can settle for a £600 system and be happy :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
well when you think of it, the next gen systems are going to be nothing more than a computer since they have the ability to use a computer monitor and use a keyboard and mouse...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All the time I've been into PC's I've always thought of them primarily as gaming machines and thus gear them towards that function.

Somewhere along the line I realised they could do other useful stuff as well. Quite a lot, in fact.

Things you can't do on an X-Box or PS2 ;)

Guess how I voted? ;)

Reaction score
Stuck

It will be PC for a while. I,m digging City of Heroes and its gonna take a lot of playing to aquire my level 50 character.

Reaction score
G~MAN said:
thats the only thing i have against the pc... if you get a top end system... it will be outdated in a few weeks/months... and atleast with a console you know the games will work with a pc you wil always have to check :blush: .. but the pc is much better... and you can use it for otther stuff other than games :)

I have this problem too especially as our pc is so old now as I never bothered updating so will get a new one and not update it and that will go out of date again.
The games are always going to be better though but consoles for me because of the simplicity :thumb:

Reaction score
a little off subject here but seeing that 100 ppl have voted for the ps2... how much do you think i could get for mine? i'm thinking of selling it ... i have 15 games, online adapter , controller x 2 , memory card ... any ideas :)

Ask a Question