Where I can get NetCF SP2 ?

Christin Boyd [MS]

Martin is correct, SP 2 was withdrawn due to a non-trivial problem. If
there was a specific bug fix that you needed from the service pack, then
please let us know. We'd like to hear from customers about your needs.

Christin Boyd
Program Manager
Visual Studio for Devices
Microsoft Corporation
--------------------
| From: "Martin" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Where I can get NetCF SP2 ?
| Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:42:52 +0100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|

| | > URL

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=10600643-09b3-46d8-
ba28-bc494bc20d26&displaylang=en
| > is wrong. On http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ this package isn`t
| > present.
| >
| > Victor Romanchuk
| > Ukraine
|
| It was withdrawn due to problems.

Robert

I managed to use SP2 and found a bug - who do I report it
to? When viewing an htm page with the managed
HTMLviewer, the waitcursor remains on continuously.
Also, anyone know how we can be alerted when new SP2
appears or SP3 for that matter? - I stumbled on it here
last time.
Thanks

Christin Boyd [MS]

I asked around and they won't give me the list of bugs fixed by SP2. They
say they will post the list when they post the new SP2 for public download.

There are two great places to find "what's new" information for developers.
The first is:
Windows Mobile For Developers:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/information/devprograms/

The second place is to ping people on the community, like me, who spend way
too much time using search engines to find the articles lurking in the dark
corners of Microsoft.com.

I looked for information on .NET Compact Framework SP1 in our "Service
Packs for Developer Tools" link, but it was not listed there. I then
searched under "Other Products" and evenutally found the web site for SP1,
which includes the list of all bugs fixed by the service pack. You should
expect to find SP2 in a similar location. I used the search keywords
"compact framework" exact phrase in the search page:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?ln=EN-US&sd=GN&displaylang=en
&gssnb=1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1f62a2a3-7282-4ba9-
b26b-2267e972501d&DisplayLang=en

Christin Boyd
Program Manager
Visual Studio, Smart Device Development
Microsoft Corporation

This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| From: "Robert" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Robert" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Where I can get NetCF SP2 ?
| Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 11:53:23 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| I managed to use SP2 and found a bug - who do I report it
| to? When viewing an htm page with the managed
| HTMLviewer, the waitcursor remains on continuously.
| Also, anyone know how we can be alerted when new SP2
| appears or SP3 for that matter? - I stumbled on it here
| last time.
| Thanks

| >>|
| >>|
| message
| >>|
| >>|
| >>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
| >familyid=10600643-09b3-46d8-
| >>ba28-bc494bc20d26&displaylang=en
| >this package isn`t

| >>|
| >>|
| >>|
| >>|

| >>.
| >>
| >.

Hilton

Christin said:
I asked around and they won't give me the list of bugs fixed by SP2. They
say they will post the list when they post the new SP2 for public
download.

May I suggest you call it "SP3" - "SP2 formerly known SP2" would not be good
for our sanity.

Hilton