How to get HTTP headers through .NetCF web services proxy class?

Victor Romanchuk

Hi everybody,

I need access to my .NetCF client HTTP headers through web services
proxy class. Is methods for getting/logging http messages or tcp
sockets from web services proxy class (as SOAP messages through
SoapExtensionAttribute)? Or must I make independent application for
monitoring this?

I was implement .NetCF client for JAVA Axis/Tomcat web services. For
some web methods this is working fine, for some - don't work.
The first problem is user authentification on web services through
Credentials property and web server BasicAuth method. It don't work.
But in .NetCF 1st Release we can put login:password directly in URL
(http://login:[email protected]/mywebmethod) and this work.
On .NetCF SP1 this don't work. Why? Credentials info is presents in
HTTP headers? May .NetCF SP1 cut HTTP headers?

Also, is problem with InvalidCastException. For JAVA web methods we
can use only SoapRpcMethod attribute, but .NetCF don't cast some SOAP
RPC types - empty complex typed arrays, which nullable values was
sended as attributes.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Victor Romanchuk
Ukraine

Mike Boilen [MS]

You'll need to add a Credentials object to your instance of the web service
proxy class. This will enable your client to authenticate itself to the
web service.

Mike Boilen
Developer
.NET Compact Framework