What is it ?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have been out today, practicing once more with me camera ... got some nice pics, you can see a few in the Gallery. Look out for the Squirrel. ;)

OK, who can tell me what this is ... :D

here is a better shot ...

oh, and just to show off, here is one of Mr Grey ... ;)

a few more pics can be seen in the Gallery

Enjoy!

:thumb:

ps, I shot some flowers also ... :D

:wave:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You're getting good Mucks ;) That squirrel one is great! :thumb:

No idea what that first one is :confused:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Super clarity on all the pics, Mucks. As to the bird, I've no idea. Is it a native of these shores?

muckshifter

Reaction score
thanks all ... appreciate the encouragement

wizkid said:
Fab Pics Mucks. What camera have you got?

wizkid
It's a Fuji FinePix S5700 ... not bad, not a DSLR. :thumb:

Super clarity on all the pics, Mucks. As to the bird, I've no idea. Is it a native of these shores?
Thanks, if I can stop shaking, I'd have a load more pics.
laughingsmiley.gif

err, don't think it is a 'native' of Briton, I have a request for ID on another forum ... ;)

I have more, if you want to see 'em all, just the good ones that is :D then PM me an email address and I'll send you a link to my Picasa album. The same goes for anyone else. :thumb:

Enjoy!
:cool:

muckshifter

Reaction score
OK, I have an ID now ...

Muscovy Ducks - Cairina moschata ... cross breeds by the look of them. They are native to mexico.
my thanks to dunlin for that info.

:thumb:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Hmm... i figure its was some demon from the lowest pits of hades.

good thing i was wrong :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good pix Mucks :thumb:

I'm impressed with the quality of that Fujipix, gotta say.

I swear it's better than my Nikon S500.

How much did it cost, if I may be so bold?

Funny thing, these cameras. I swear the best quality pix I got were from my first Digital Camera, a Canon A30 I think it was, just 2.1 megapixel, bought in 2002. Chris Postill bought that from me.

All cameras since, apart from my Nikon D40X DSLR, just don't seem to have been as good.

Which tells me that it ain't so much the mp rating but more the quality of the lens and the camera build that really makes a difference.

I like the squirrel pix :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Flops, I'll swap you for the Nikon D40X ... :D

I was looking for a DSLR, yeah, but not the price they want. ouch! So I settled for what I could afford, and, keep to the SLR feel & look. I needed something more up-to-date to satisfy my new 'birding' bug. :rolleyes: :D

It cost £119.00, (Jesop's) though I did get the obligatory extra SD cards ... Sandisk 1Gb x 2 ... I ain't used the second one yet, and I have taken a bloody load of pics.

Don't forget, I haven't shown you all the pics I have deleted ... don't-cha just love digital. :lol:

It's a 7.1 Mpixle with 10x zoom, well, that is the hype, we know it ain't quite what you get. ;) I have it set to the highest parameters, 7Mfine / chrome ... you know how big a pic can get on maxed out settings.

Some of the shots you have seen, that I have posted, especially the Kestrel, were at max zoom ... I was quite pleased with them ... however, there is a bit of purple in the pics that Fuji still hasn't fixed ... a known 'problem' apparently, and I can 'see' it in many of my landscapes. :rolleyes: A simple fix is to just reduce the image size, glad I chose to max everything out. :thumb:

I'm not surprised you thought highly of your Canon ... they still are #1 with Nikon in 2nd place ... surprise is Sony at #3. ouch!

It has a lot to do with the "sensor" used & not just the lens ... I also have a good eye, not bad for a blind person. :p

I still have Nettie's Samsung, great for landscapes & town-tours ... ie, my trip round Southport, but bloody crap for birdies. :D

Oh, and the macro-mode is bloody great, two setting can be used, on super macro I had the face of the camera 1cm off the subject, you can go out further, but the macro mode is unbelievable ... I need a tripod. :nod:

You wanna see the rest of the pics, including some of them macro's, just give the nod, I'll email you me Picasa album from today.

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Aw that squirrel is so sweet . Thems really clear pics and well shot .

nod.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Wonderful photos Mucks :thumb: we thoroughly enjoyed watching the slideshow of your album, absolutely great! :D That squirrel certainly seemed to be pretty laid-back, what a character! Like others have mentioned, your pics are impressively clear, the detail on the ducks and geese is amazing - it was even possible to see the tiny raindrops on the back-feathers of that grey-lag goose. The park scenery is good too, I've not seen anything quite like that "weeping Pagoda tree" before.
Thank you for sharing :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Some great Pics muck's its amazing what you can do with a bridge camera nowadays ain't it, there almost as good as a DSLR but a quarter of the price and without having to worry about changing lenses all the time just use the 10x optical zoom and your there...Amazing..

Value for money wise they can't be beat and produce some stunning photo's if you have the settings right, although they can be a little noisy in low light, thats where the DSLR shows them up..But for everyday shots most people don't know the difference...:thumb:

Love little nobby nibbling his nuts and what that bird is I ain't got a clue, it looks like a bitsa! if you know what I mean..

Reaction score
Nice pics, im thinking of getting into photography, have my bonus coming up from work and was thinking of getting a DSLR, any recommendation from people?

Was thinking either Nikon or Canon.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Was thinking either Nikon or Canon.
My choice would be Canon ... but I would also advise in going and handle anything you may narrow down as worthy of your hard earned cash. ;)

Do a lot of reading. :D

Ask a Question