    conneciton go through (real firewall, not the Windows one). Hard to be sure
    your software hasn't been hijacked.

    Why in the world did Microsoft do this?

    Guest, Jun 24, 2006

  2. Not sure why they picked that one, but it is the official Office Online
    Beta site.

    Patrick Schmid
    --------------
    http://pschmid.net

    Patrick Schmid, Jun 24, 2006

  3. Because they can? ;)

    Actually, Microsoft uses several partner sites for assistance with different
    programs and betas, just like it uses Akamai server farms (linux) to help
    with their distribution of beta software downloads.

    If you are unsure of the website, you can always ask here if it is legit for
    the beta software sites. And the answer is yes.

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    reading.

    After furious head scratching, P Cause asked:

    Milly Staples - MVP Outlook, Jun 25, 2006