What are you playing?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Twitter tells me that today is Video Games Day, so what better day to start this topic?!

Tell us what you're playing :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I started playing Far Cry 4 on the PC this week and really enjoying it so far. I thought it was about time I played a FPS after all the RPGs I've been playing recently.
Ian told me about the secret alternate ending - being if you choose to stay put rather than escape at the very beginning of the game then you're free to go and the game ends :lol:
Needless to say I didn't take this course of action.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nier Automata - 2nd time around, this time with some DLC.

Before I reach the DLC, however, I need to obtain a certain level.

Enjoying it despite it being 2nd playthrough, have found some areas I hadn't been to previously.

And Dragon Age, Origins (the first one) and Pillars Of Eternity.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I played a bit more No Man's Sky yesterday evening, it's such a time sink. I do like exploring but I get a bit frustrated with some of the game mechanics. You can discover locations, and they get marked on your map, but there is no way to tell whether you've been there already! Bit frustrating to put in the effort to get to a place only to find you've already looted it :rolleyes:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm playing Two Point Hospital, a modern take on Theme Hospital from the 90s. It's very similar and even has some of the same voice actors. It's basically a re-make with great graphics and new diseases.

It's not an incredible game, but a fun game to dip in and out of :).

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nier Automata - 2nd time around, this time with some DLC.

Before I reach the DLC, however, I need to obtain a certain level.

Enjoying it despite it being 2nd playthrough, have found some areas I hadn't been to previously.

And Dragon Age, Origins (the first one) and Pillars Of Eternity.

Are you giving the Steam Play a go ? As you can play Nier Automata on linux with it. :dance:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Alan Wake -- stuck trying to find the gas station.
Alice Madness Returns -- stuck or rather constantly killed by fast moving somethings
Batman Arkham Asylum -- having a rest for a while
BioShock Infinite -- stuck shooting down blimps and boarders
Crysis2 Maximum Edition -- stuck in a room - I shoot the helicopter people and still can not find a way out
The Darkness 2 -- stuck being battered by a crane
Dead space -- stuck in a room with tons of nastys - I may have thought out how to get out of this
DmC Devil May Cry -- stuck in an arena with tons of nastys
HL Ep2 -- stuck blowing up striders trying to blow up a rocket - not sure if I am at the end of the game or not ?
Just Cause 2 -- stuck trying to fly a plane to shoot a rocket - I am going to dump this as I have tired loads of times and just do not seem to have enough time to accomplish the task.
Mad Max -- having a rest for a while
Mass Effect -- stuck at the first ramp
Max Payne 3 -- stuck somewhere - I may dump this as I am not finding it anywhere near as enjoyable as the first two games.Gameplay is sort of odd.
Penumbra Overture -- stuck
Remember Me -- resting for a while
Serious Sam The Second Encounter -- resting for a while
Shadow Warrior -- stuck in a graveyard
Sir You Are Being Hunted -- I'll give this another couple of goes but it is not really exciting me.
Sniper Elite -- resting for a while
Strife:Veteran Edition -- stuck - was really enjoying this.
System Shock 2 -- resting for a while
Rock of Ages --resting for a long while -- it is fun though
Dirt Showdown -- time to dump this
Dirt 3 -- time to dump this too
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- stuck crossing a aquaduct?
Tomb Raider -- resting for a while
The Book of Unwritten Tales -- resting for a while
Dreamfall the Longest Journey -- sort of stuck
Full Throttle Remastered -- resting for a while
Grim Fandango Remastered -- current game for the day
Machinarium -- resting for a while
The Secret of Monkey Island -- stuck feeding the mad dogs
Pathologic Classic HD -- resting for a while
The Walking Dead -- resting for a while
Sherlock Holmes Nemesis -- resting for a while
Wallace and Gromit - Flight of the Bumble Bees -- resting for a while
Sam and Max The Penal Zone -- resting for a while
Metro 2033 -- stuck again -- this time in a library with super strong unkillable yeties

Well I was thinking of starting Skyrim but I recon I should finish of a few games first dont yoall think
Laughing.gif

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Batman Arkham Asylum -- having a rest for a while

Ooh I finished this a couple of months back, it's a great game! Need to make a proper start on Arkham City.

Well I was thinking of starting Skyrim but I recon I should finish of a few games first dont yoall think
Laughing.gif

Lol, yup! :lol: In all serious though, Skyrim is great and you should play it :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've started playing the first Fallout game! It took a while to get used to, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I also bought Fallout 2 so I'm planning on playing that afterwards. Anyone else played them?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Recently saw the RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance in a sale for a little under half price (19.89) on GoG so bought and am enjoying it a lot. The first part is more or less an introduction but the second part you're thrown in the deep end where you either learn the mechanics of horse riding a bit quick or die from arrows by the nasty gits who you're being chased by. But I got past that part and am now getting to know some of the game characters.

On GoG's offer on this game they gave away two more games - Battle Chasers Nightwar and Shadow Tactics, Blades Of The Shogun both of which I've tried briefly and are nowt special but quite ok as free gifts.

Also from GoG I bought 2 old games I never thought I'd play again - Soldier Of Fortune 1 & 2 and they play fine in Win 10. Graphics are obviously well dated but I'm having lots of fun playing these, not wallowing in nostalgia at all, oh no.

And final purchase was Disney Aladdin, a PC version of the old Megadrive game from 1993. It was less than a fiver but imo is super stupid. Why? Cos there's no save function AT ALL. Which means if you die anywhere at all you are returned to the very beginning of the game. Same goes for if you exit the game when you restart it's from the very beginning.

That's actually how it was in the original Sega Console game but the hell with it, I really can't be bothered with that level of frustration.

So I've forked out a few bob lately, the SoF games were £7.79 each at GoG btw.

But I'm tempted by more, is there no end to this extravagance? On Steam atm both DIRT 4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are on sale, DIRT 4 at £11.24 and The Tomb Raider game reduced from £45 to £29.69 and I'm wondering which one to buy or should I just buy both?

I quite fancy the Tomb Raider game and from the reviews of DIRT 4 I glean that it's similar to DIRT Rally but easier to play which would suit me just fine cos DIRT Rally is a good motor sim but stupid hard.

Decisions, decisions. All these games, tis a wonder I have time to play them.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thought I'd share my experience on some of these games. I should say that I have little patience with most games if they're hard and I'll give up and ditch a game quite quickly, so...

Alan Wake -- stuck trying to find the gas station. - I finished this one and the one after it and I thought both were very good.
Alice Madness Returns -- stuck or rather constantly killed by fast moving somethings - I reached the second level on this one but it really is very difficult and I don't like the game controls/mechanics so gave up.
Batman Arkham Asylum -- having a rest for a while - I have all of The this batman series of games and by and large always seem to get stuck on all of them.
BioShock Infinite -- stuck shooting down blimps and boarders - Finished this one.
Crysis2 Maximum Edition -- stuck in a room - I shoot the helicopter people and still can not find a way out - Finished this one
The Darkness 2 -- stuck being battered by a crane - Finished this - great game.
Dead space -- stuck in a room with tons of nastys - I may have thought out how to get out of this - Got stuck on the very last bit.
DmC Devil May Cry -- stuck in an arena with tons of nastys - I've only played about 30 minutes of this, didn't hold my interest very well.
HL Ep2 -- stuck blowing up striders trying to blow up a rocket - not sure if I am at the end of the game or not ? I finished this one and as I recall it was difficult at the end.
Just Cause 2 -- stuck trying to fly a plane to shoot a rocket - I am going to dump this as I have tired loads of times and just do not seem to have enough time to accomplish the task. - I lost my way on this one and gave up, was thinking of having another go.
Mad Max -- having a rest for a while - I've played about 90 minutes worth of this, didn't like it much.
Mass Effect -- stuck at the first ramp - I didn't like Mass Effect 1 or 2, dumped 'em both.
Max Payne 3 -- stuck somewhere - I may dump this as I am not finding it anywhere near as enjoyable as the first two games.Gameplay is sort of odd. - I finished this one, liked it a lot. And also finished the first 2.
Serious Sam The Second Encounter -- resting for a while - Guess what? Finished this one as well.
Sniper Elite -- resting for a while - Sniper Elite 2 was best, 3 was crap, 4 is also not bad at all. Never played 1.
Dirt Showdown -- time to dump this - Finished this - really enjoyed it.
Dirt 3 -- time to dump this too - I never did finish this but enjoyed the levels I did play. Imo the best of the first 3.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- stuck crossing a aquaduct? - Finished it.
Tomb Raider -- resting for a while - Finished it.
The Book of Unwritten Tales -- resting for a while - Me too. Good game though, even if it is a bit cutesy and our hero is a Taff ;)
Full Throttle Remastered -- resting for a while - I'm stuck on this
Grim Fandango Remastered -- current game for the day - I'm also stuck on this one.
The Secret of Monkey Island -- stuck feeding the mad dogs - own it but haven't played it yet.
The Walking Dead -- resting for a while - I didn't like this at all
Metro 2033 -- stuck again -- this time in a library with super strong unkillable yetis - I also got stuck on this and abandoned it. The 2nd one was good though, I finished that one.

Well I was thinking of starting Skyrim but I recon I should finish of a few games first dont yoall think - Skyrim is one of the best games evah! :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Recently saw the RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance in a sale for a little under half price (19.89) on GoG so bought and am enjoying it a lot. The first part is more or less an introduction but the second part you're thrown in the deep end where you either learn the mechanics of horse riding a bit quick or die from arrows by the nasty gits who you're being chased by. But I got past that part and am now getting to know some of the game characters.

I really like the look of this game! £20 isn't bad either, I didn't think it had been out all that long. Might get it... once I've made some progress with my current backlog :rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
In the end I didn't buy Shadow Of The Tomb Raider but I did buy DIRT 4 and I'm glad I did cos DIRT 4 is Fab.

I liked Dirt Rally and it's a good game but it really is very difficult and that's not just me it's an opinion widely shared by lots of gamers who've played Dirt Rally. Makers Codemasters say Dirt Rally has the most realistic car handling in a Motor Racing Sim but I reckon if any motor I had handled like it'd be straight down the breakers yard.

DIRT 4, however, has lots of Rally racing in it and the difficulty level is adjustable which in my book makes it lots of fun. The Buggy Dirt racing is also great but I haven't tried any of the other types of racing yet.

The sale is over now but worth keeping an eye out for DIRT 4 if it's going cheap, next Steam sale is over the Halloween period apparently.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I finished The Vanishing Of Ethan carter: Redux on Wednesday evening.

A short game but a good one. I had to refer to a walkthrough a few times as some of the objects are difficult to find.

A good puzzle game played from a first person perspective, it uses the Unreal game engine.

Currently fifteen quid on Steam: Link

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I like the look of Shadow Tactics, Blades Of The Shogun. All the videos I have seen look pretty neat. Not much on rpg tactical style games but I do like the look of this.

Too busy playing at house builder at the moment to play real games. :lol:

Ask a Question