website to google problem?

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently asked my local computer chap to set up a website for me to display my artwork on. This has taken a rather long time. Anyway last week I asked him to delay launching the site because I had more paintings for him to put onto the site for me. Well that weekend he launched it anyway and proudly announced I would be able to search for my site. It turns out he has submitted the site to google with a spelling mistake in the URL (which I pointed out to him ages ago and was told it didn't matter it was only his test site) and as a consequence google say it will take between 1 week and 6 weeks to sort it out?

Is this correct? Why would it take such a long time?

Any help appreciated.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You can submit it to google yourself here if you wish, it can take a few weeks to get "spidered" correctly though:

http://www.google.com/addurl/

There's some good information on their site about the google process :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Without more details, I would say your "computer chap" needs the sack, but I'll reserve judgment if you can post a link to your site. :thumb:

;)

Ask a Question