Google Home will launch in the UK on 6 April 2017

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Google's smart speaker, Google Home, will launch in the UK on 6 April 017, the company has revealed. They will also be releasing Google Wifi, which is a mesh WiFi system that claims to bring reliable internet coverage to consumers at home. Both devices will be priced at £130, although you can purchase two Google WiFi units for £230.

Google has announced that its Google Home connected speaker will launch in the UK on April 6, along with the Google Wifi router.

The Google Home connected speaker, which started shipping in the US back in November, is seeking to compete with the likes of Amazon’s Echo (which launched in the UK last fall) — offering a physical housing for Google’s voice assistant tech, the eponymous Google Assistant, to position its listening ear perpetually inside your home.

The company mocked up a fake house in London this morning to demo the device to journalists. Which may or may not be a fitting metaphor for the extensively hyped concept of the ‘smart home’.

untitled.png

Read more on Tech Crunch and Google.

Reaction score

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've got a few friends who have an Amazon Echo, which is similar to the Google Home. They're pretty nifty devices! Definitely worth a look. I don't like the idea of them listening in all the time though...

Reaction score
I've got a few friends who have an Amazon Echo, which is similar to the Google Home. They're pretty nifty devices! Definitely worth a look. I don't like the idea of them listening in all the time though...
Yeh I know what you mean.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Didn't want an Amazon Echo and don't want a Google Home. ;)

Ask a Question