Google Ignores Windows for new VR editor

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Google has launched a new Virtual Reality video editor called VR180 Creator. Surprisingly, it is available for Linux and macOS, not Windows.

When you talk of VR (Virtual Reality), you think of 360-degree vision. However, Google’s idea of capturing/creating VR video content with a 180-degree field of vision is equally interesting. It recently started making it available for manufacturers and developers to let people easily capture VR content without needing to buy a super high-end camera for VR recording.

VR180 cameras allow creators to shoot three-dimensional, immersive photos and videos using affordable cameras that are small enough to fit in your pocket.

And to make it even easier for you to create and edit high quality VR videos, we’re launching VR180 Creator on Mac and Linux. This desktop tool lets anyone edit VR180 footage with existing VR video tools.

breakfast.gif

However, we’re still not sure about why Google left out the Windows platform for VR180. What would be your guess for that? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Gee folks I just have no idea why
Laughing.gif

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
This is very interesting software, I would like to be able to use it, but I doubt my laptop is powerful enough.

Ask a Question