Webcam install

Reaction score
Please can someone help

I received as a present a new webcam. The installation wizard runs through so far then stops. It goes through preparing to install and then when it goes to install it goes through the files at high speed but stops very quickly and hangs. I've tried installing from a CDrom, a zip file on line etc but no go. Took the camera back. Got another webcam from a different shop and guess what same problem. My brother who knows a lot more then me is puzzled as well. He seems to think that there must be a "conflict". I'm using a HP laptop with XP.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... the webcam is ?

... USB ?

... any "updates" available ... including XP ?

... what happens if you just plug-it-in ?

Welcome to the Forums.

user.gif

Reaction score
Webcam

Hi

The current webcam is by Gadget Tech the first was by Logitech. It is a USB webcam. Both had the same problem when installing.

I've tried just plugging in and the computer said new hardware found but when I tried to use it it said it wasn't installed.

I've tried copying the CDrom to the hard drive incase it was the CDrom reader but same problem again. Gets so far and stops. When I go to Task manager it says the intall wizard is still running. I've left it sitting at that for about ten minutes but eventually give up and end task.

My knowledge of computers is very basic so I hope this makes sense.

Ask a Question