Epson Scanner\Copier - how to get it functioning again.

Reaction score
Have used a Epson CS3200 scanner for a few years and recently it stopped Scanning or Copying and generates error "an error occurred during preview. If the scanner is being used, please wait for it to complete the task, and then click preview". Still prints from the computer as a printer. Using Windows XP with Symantec Anti-Virus and Zone Alarm firewall and have disabled both of them to no avail. Have uninstalled and reinstalled all software with no resolve. Stopped working shortly after changing black ink and also connected a Logitech webcam but have since ripped the Logicam out through the registry (no worries there - I'm not a newbie).

Am thinking either the Logitech webcam has caused a conflict in the Bios or someplace I haven't looked or there's a hardware issue, but I doubt the second. Unable to add the scanner back as an imaging device in add hardware or printer\scanner section of Windows. Device manager sees it as an imaging device and doesn't see the Webcam any longer. Never was anything related to Logitech webcam in add\remove programs or software install.

Tried restoring to a time previous to when the webcam was plugged in and the ink ran out - no luck. Scratching my head - any ideas?

Reaction score
Epson Scanners
From Zacbelle posted Jan 2008

"easily fixed - tell the whole world!!

When your scanner does a preview it stores the last image previewed for next time you open up your scanner software.
Sometimes that image gets corrupted and won't load in hence the whole software stops loading and the error pops up - stupid really. Epson should know the fix straight away but i have read on a lot of other forums that contacting epson doesn't get you any help on this issue they just tell you to reinstall.
a bloke called Brian on another forum gave this and heaps of people posted replys that it works. I tried it and it worked for me too.
You just gotta delete the corrupted image file.

Go here:
C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\EPSON\ESCNDV\ES0058
and delete any image files in that folder. The last folder might have a different number depending on your printer/scanner.

"Application Data" folder is a hidden folder so click on the menu item at the top of the browser window which is:
Tools->folder options->view
scroll down and select "show hidden files and folders."

Let me know if it works.
"

Thanks again. I too registered to say thank you. Refer original post and replies. An easy fix that Epson should make known. In my case it applied to an RX630

Ask a Question