Want to turn off video thumbnails, but still have photo thumbnails

I like the windows explorer thumbnail preview view for photos, but I would
like to change a registry setting so that video files do not show a thumbnail
preview (they aren't useful to me anyway since the first frame of most of my
files is black). Instead I would just like the video icon to show up to
represent the file.
Anyone know how to do this?

dilipl

Try,

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"ClassicViewState"=dword:00000001

-Dilip Lukose [MS]

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these newsgroups.

From: Payne
Posted At: Monday, January 23, 2006 8:46 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos
Conversation: Want to turn off video thumbnails, but still have photo thumbnails

I like the windows explorer thumbnail preview view for photos, but I would like to change a registry setting so that video files do not show a thumbnail preview (they aren't useful to me anyway since the first frame of most of my files is black). Instead I would just like the video icon to show up to represent the file.
Anyone know how to do this?

his?

what is the command for windows vista x64? vista doesn't have the
shmedia.dll file i'm told. i actually want to turn my video thumbnails on.
they got turned off somehow.