Voice recognition software

alex.mejias.terra.es

Hi freeware fans!
Is there any kind of free software for voice recognition, that
integrates easily with a word processor?
Thanks for your help

Max Quordlepleen

alex.mejias.terra.es said:
Hi freeware fans!
Is there any kind of free software for voice recognition, that
integrates easily with a word processor?
Thanks for your help

To the best of my knowledge, as a longtime Dragon user, there is NO
freeware, on any platform, that offers usable speech recognition. If
you find out otherwise, I would love to know.

JRS

Philips used to give a version away but it would be quite old now and I'm
not sure about its availability

Lester Horwinkle

And even if you pay good money, it's still not voice recognition software.

It's really
catch-no-more-than-a-couple-of-words-here-and-there-until-the-owner-is-fed-u
p-ware.

Kanda' Jalen Eirsie

Greetings...

Hi freeware fans!
Is there any kind of free software for voice recognition, that
integrates easily with a word processor?
Thanks for your help

Given the state of Voice recognition software as it is today - No...

You might try MS Speech SDk - it's free (or it was the last time I checked) and probably
is worth what you pay for it..

http://www.microsoft.com/speech/download/sdk51/

It has a number of examples, and programs that link it into word, reader, textpad, wordpad
etc...

ll
Kanda'

<>SPAM-KILLER<>- If you really want to contact me, then -
kandaje<at>bresnan<dot>net

You figure it out...

John H.

Kanda':
You wrote on Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:17:56 GMT:

KJE> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:21:43 GMT, "alex.mejias.terra.es"

??>> Hi freeware fans!
??>> Is there any kind of free software for voice recognition, that
??>> integrates easily with a word processor?
??>> Thanks for your help

KJE> Given the state of Voice recognition software as it is today - No...

KJE> You might try MS Speech SDk - it's free (or it was the last time I
KJE> checked) and probably is worth what you pay for it..

KJE> http://www.microsoft.com/speech/download/sdk51/

KJE> It has a number of examples, and programs that link it into word,
KJE> reader, textpad, wordpad etc...

KJE> ll
KJE> Kanda'

KJE> <>SPAM-KILLER<>- If you really want to contact me, then -
KJE> kandaje<at>bresnan<dot>net

MS Speech SDK does not integrate with word processors. It simply possesses
a dictation pad that receives voice input. This can be pasted into a word
processor, manually.

John H.. E-mail: (e-mail address removed) Website: John's Best of Freeware:
http://home.wi.rr.com/johnhood/freeware/