Facial Recognition Software Recommendations

Reaction score
Hi All. I have a stack of photos of my grandparents and sadly about 50% of them I have no idea who is in them. I do know several people but the photos were over a 20-year time span. I'm thinking some sort of facial recognition software might be useful.

Picasa used to be quite good at matching up faces of varying ages for the same person but its no longer around, unfortunately, now its google photos and as usual, they want all your data not sure there is anything else of the same type as Picasa was.

Has anyone had experience? Or thoughts? Many thanks.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The Microsoft Photos app uses face detection and face recognition technologies to help you quickly and easily identify and organize photos of friends and family. Face detection distinguishes faces from other objects in an image. For example, face detection helps the Photos app know when there is a face in a photo or video so that the app can further analyze the photo. Face recognition identifies and groups similar faces across multiple photos or videos in your personal collection.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...by-faces-1ab09703-f0a6-5835-d27b-58672b23fdd2

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the majority of the software of this type is not available free. Here is another one that is no longer updated but is available for free without any support. If you wish you can download and try it out, if you do not want the one mentioned above from Microsoft.

http://www.fotobounce.com/download.html

Ask a Question