Offline Photo Organisation Software

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some software that will help organise my photos, ideally making it easy to view photos by date/location and has face recognition/AI built in. I know that there are tons of cloud-based providers like Google Photos, but I've got all my photos stored on a NAS and I'd rather not upload them all.

I'm testing out a photo management package based on the NAS, but would be interested to hear some 1st hand accounts of what other people use.

Reaction score
Hi,

I can help if your NAS has a network-mapped drive path...Please confirm.
If yes ! I will provide a Excel-VBA code (I have it handy), when executed that would popup a toolbar have all sorts of your desired buttons
it will do the following:
1....enlist the Photos , datewise, name wise, and/or matching a certain search Criterion etc
2....clicking on the desired photo will open it in photo editor, or if desired will generate a ppt file etc

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh that could be handy! Thank you @AmjiBhai.

I don't have it mapped via a drive letter, I just use network shares at the moment - but I could try using driver letters. If you've got the code already handy, I'd be really grateful to try it.

Reaction score
I tried to send you the file attachment but this site does not allow xlsb type of files be attached.

Reaction score
Here you are Ian....
Lets do it in two phases....
I wrote a ReadMe instructions in the worksheet.
The following 10 types of the files will be enlisted.
  1. JPEG (or JPG) - Joint Photographic Experts Group
  2. PNG - Portable Network Graphics
  3. GIF - Graphics Interchange Format
  4. TIFF - Tagged Image File
  5. PSD - Photoshop Document
  6. PDF - Portable Document Format
  7. EPS - Encapsulated Postscript
  8. AI - Adobe Illustrator Document
  9. INDD - Adobe Indesign Document
  10. RAW - Raw Image Formats
If you are able to enlist all your photos from a mapped file path then in the next phase I will provide you the the remainder of the VBA code.
I look forward to your feed back.

Attachments

• Toolbar.zip
    419 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I had totally missed this thread, but you use Plex, right? Not sure if its quiet what you're looking for but it can organise your photo's, have you tried that?

I use it for my photo's that I take with my 'real' camera, but tbh I use my phone 99% of the time now so most of my stuff is in Google Photos.

Edit: I don't think Plex does the face stuff bit mind you...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I had totally missed this thread, but you use Plex, right? Not sure if its quiet what you're looking for but it can organise your photo's, have you tried that?

I use it for my photo's that I take with my 'real' camera, but tbh I use my phone 99% of the time now so most of my stuff is in Google Photos.

Edit: I don't think Plex does the face stuff bit mind you...
Oh yes, I do use Plex! I hadn't thought of using that. This may be even better as I can view photos on TV without any hassle.

I'll explore this option at the weekend too :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's a clever script @AmjiBhai! I've just given it a whirl, sorry for the slow reply :). Many thanks for sharing it.

Capture.PNG

I've also tested Plex and although it's not quite what I was looking for, it's actually really handy as I can view the photos on my TV which is something that I hadn't thought about. I'm going to use Plex for managing all the Photos and roll it out that way :D.

Ask a Question