VNC Viewer help.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I have 4 PC's. 3 run Windows 10 and 1 runs Ubuntu. 1 W10 PC is my main PC I use and 2 other W10 PC's are for family and friends to use. They all have a shared folder / drive wish is shared from the Ubuntu PC. Ubuntu PC is in a coupboard, not monitor or keyboard / mouse. Is use VNC to do updates etc on the 2 W10 PC's and the Ubuntu PC. Last night I upgraded Ubuntu from 20.04 to 22.04 LTS. and since then I have not been able to remote into the Ubuntu PC. The shared folder / drive is still accessable from all 3 W10 PC's but everytime I try to access the Ubuntu PC I get the below message. Have Googled etc but can't find any solution. What am I doing wrong ?

Attachments

• vnc.png
    vnc.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 18

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you SSH in via Putty and see if the VNC service is still running (and maybe do a sudo-apt get update & upgrade to make sure it's the latest version)?

Are you actually connecting to the PC via the cloud, or can you use a local IP?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Can you SSH in via Putty and see if the VNC service is still running (and maybe do a sudo-apt get update & upgrade to make sure it's the latest version)?

Are you actually connecting to the PC via the cloud, or can you use a local IP?
That went right over my head. :lol: I gave up in the end and re-installed Windows 10.

Ask a Question