Vista Activation By Phone

recently I have purchased vista home basic and it is giving me to 3 days
only for activation, I dont want to use internet for activation, how i will
use phone to activate?
also I got laptop and my desktop in home, can i use the same window for 2
computers? Help me please
Thanks to all
Wahab

Richard G. Harper

Windows Help and Support (on the Start menu) has many items about
activation.

One copy of Windows per computer, as it always has been. Two compuers means
you must buy two copies of Windows.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (e-mail address removed)

Conor

Wahab said:
recently I have purchased vista home basic and it is giving me to 3 days
only for activation, I dont want to use internet for activation, how i will
use phone to activate?
also I got laptop and my desktop in home, can i use the same window for 2
computers? Help me please
Thanks to all
Wahab
Why don't you want to activate over the internet?

You need to repeat it on each computer as the installation ID is
different.

Just do it over the internet FFS.

Alias

Richard said:
One copy of Windows per computer, as it always has been.

But is wasn't announced until MS had cornered the market due to people
using pirated copies of pre XP Windows.
Two compuers means
you must buy two copies of Windows.

No, it means that MS wants you to buy two copies of Windows. If you
don't, it isn't a crime; it is only a breach of the EULA, a civil
offense. When you consider Fair Use, the EULA is illegal.

Alias

Shane Nokes

Troll elsewhere.

Also DO NOT come on here posting bad info.

From Windows 95 on it has stated that Windows was meant for a single PC per
license.

You do not understand what FAIR USE is, so don't pretend that you do.

Also yes not following the EULA and using Vista on more than one machine can
get you sued for big bucks.

It's not a criminal offense as stated, but it can cause you serious
headaches.

Alias please do some reading before posting.

Alias

Shane said:
Troll elsewhere.

I'm not a troll.
Also DO NOT come on here posting bad info.

I'll post whatever my little heart desires.
From Windows 95 on it has stated that Windows was meant for a single PC
per license.

Really? Where? At the stores? Some obscure MS site? I don't think so.
You do not understand what FAIR USE is, so don't pretend that you do.

I can only go by the laws of the country where I live and making copies
for personal use is legal.
Also yes not following the EULA and using Vista on more than one machine
can get you sued for big bucks.

How come it's never been done?
It's not a criminal offense as stated, but it can cause you serious
headaches.
Yawn.

Alias please do some reading before posting.

Been there, done that and wore out the T-Shirt.

Alias

Mark

Most customers don't know what EULA means.

Alias

Microsoft presents the EULA during installation. However, I seriously
doubt many users (guessing at less than one-percent) do read the EULA.

Euphuism for EULA is Equivocal User License Assent.

Alias

Mark said:
Microsoft presents the EULA during installation.

Most people buy a computer with Windows already installed.

However, I seriously
doubt many users (guessing at less than one-percent) do read the EULA.

Of course not because the know they have to accept it to continue the
install.
Euphuism for EULA is Equivocal User License Assent.

This is more like what MS real attitude is:

Every User is a Lame Arse.

Alias

Dale

I've been posting here for a few months now and haven't seen you here before
the last couple days. I sure wish you'd go back where you came from.
You're about as obnoxious a poster as I have ever seen.

Nina DiBoy

Richard said:
Windows Help and Support (on the Start menu) has many items about
activation.

One copy of Windows per computer, as it always has been. Two compuers means
you must buy two copies of Windows.

Has not only been one copy of windows per computer. Only since 3.1.

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

Most recent idiotic quote added to KICK (Klassic Idiotic Caption Kooks):
"I do know for a fact that his monkey really needs a spanking. The monkey
gets "out of hand" if you know what I mean!"

"Good poets borrow; great poets steal."
- T. S. Eliot

Mark

X Windows in Linux has an unlimited license of number of installations.

Even MS-DOS and PC-DOS had this license restriction -- one license per
computer.

Basically, all software, unless specified, is licensed per computer (or
device).

Shane Nokes

Alias you are perfectly correct about FAIR USE in that case :)

You can also make as many copies of the media as your heart desires.

You cannot however install it on multiple machines.

Also since I'm an MS Partner with my business that I own I get news on all
of the companies providing illegal copies of windows and how much they are
paying out to Microsoft every quarter.

It's a rather large amount ;)

Shane Nokes

LOL, it's funny you say that.

I think that about a lot of people in the public NG's.

As for where I've been posting it's mostly been in the private Beta NG's for
years.

But it's been slowing down a lot lately on the beta front so I figured I'd
spend some time in the public area, but with the way people act here it's
enough to make me not want to deal with the likes of you.

Alias

Shane said:
Alias you are perfectly correct about FAIR USE in that case :)

You can also make as many copies of the media as your heart desires.

You cannot however install it on multiple machines.

You mean you're not supposed to. The fact that MS and others have
convinced many legal authorities that their license scam is legit is one
of the reasons I am learning Linux.
Also since I'm an MS Partner with my business that I own I get news on
all of the companies providing illegal copies of windows and how much
they are paying out to Microsoft every quarter.

I don't understand. If they are paying MS "ever quarter" for this
activity, how is it illegal?
It's a rather large amount ;)

I have seen that they go after businesses but not someone in their home
who is using Windows for personal use, have you?

Alias

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Open an elevated cmd prompt.
from the elevated cmd prompt run:
SLUI 4
This should start the activation wizard with phone options
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|>From: =?Utf-8?B?V2FoYWI=?= <[email protected]>
|>Subject: Vista Activation By Phone
|>Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:54:00 -0800
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
|>
|>recently I have purchased vista home basic and it is giving me to 3 days
|>only for activation, I dont want to use internet for activation, how i
will
|>use phone to activate?
|>also I got laptop and my desktop in home, can i use the same window for 2
|>computers? Help me please
|>Thanks to all
|>Wahab

BSchnur

Also since I'm an MS Partner with my business that I own I get news on
I don't understand. If they are paying MS "ever quarter" for this
activity, how is it illegal?

The companies got caught (often enough because a disgruntled employee
or ex-employee 'got even') and agreed to pay Microsoft money in order
to 'get righteous'.

Dale

I don't remember the exact name of the outfit but they've been around since
the early PC days. I think it is something like Software Publishers of
America. Anyway, there was something in some of the license agreements from
some software provider - I don't know if it was Microsoft or not - that, by
accepting the agreement, a company I worked for agreed to allow audits by
the organization and fines at 3 times the cost of any unlicensed software
installed. The company got hit with 300,000 dollars in fines. Before I
worked there.

They still didn't learn. As far as I know, they're still using illegal
software all over the place.

Dale