video cards

Reaction score
Hi all- i'm building an old comp for my kids-out of old comps lol- is it possible to use 2 graphics cards in tandom(they are old cards) but if i could run them together somehow they would be good enough for that computer. any suggestions would be cool

Reaction score
What are your motherboard specs? You can do if your board supports one of the following SLI or Crossfire and the cards are SLI or Crossfire enabled.

Reaction score
zippy said:
Hi all- i'm building an old comp for my kids-out of old comps lol- is it possible to use 2 graphics cards in tandom(they are old cards) but if i could run them together somehow they would be good enough for that computer. any suggestions would be cool

depends on the OS you are using, depends on the harware you are using ie: w2000,Window Me, Wingows xp ,Vista and processoor and MOBO......

Edit: Oh I do appologies..Welcomw to the wonder which is PCR forums

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You should find the Make and Model of the mobo printed somewhere on the board itself. If it is already built then EVEREST HOME will give you all the info we need to help you.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
everest keeps freezing the computer lol

powered by asus(p3v x4)(1 ISA,6PCI,1AGP,4DIMM)
VIA VT82C694X apollo pro 133a chipset
cpu spports IA MMX,SSE sysenter/sysexit intruction cmpxchg8bintruction conditional move instruction virtual mode extension
syncmos bios chip(award software 256kb supports DMI APM ACPI ESCD PnP)
1.25 gig ram(pc133)
windows xp pro sev pak 3
ACPI PC
IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
VIA bus master IDE controller
VIA CPU to AGP controller
VIA PCI to Bridge controller
VIA power management controller
direct memory access controller
intel celeron processor(568mhz)(8.5x67)
trident video accelerator 9440(pci slot enabled)(1 mb)
ati 3d rage pro 2x agp(agp slot but disabled)
ISAPNP read data port

anythign else just let me know - dont know if what you need is there or not
i was also wondering if overclockign would be worth it on this comp- i have installed an extra fan

SRRY FOR ALL THE EDITS

thanks for all the help

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

Screen shots are your friend.

Looks like you are running a "trident video accelerator 9440(pci slot enabled)(1 mb)" and have a "ati 3d rage pro 2x agp(agp slot but disabled)" So you have two graphics cards. Now I do not know which is the more powerful of the two or if you can get a more powerful card. But you can only run ONE CARD at a time. If you look for a better card then you need one which has the correct AGP support for your slot, probably AGP X2 or maybe AGP X4.

I can not tell what your mobo is from the information given. Mine is a Asus K8N-E Deluxe, if you can find a name something like that then you can find out more specific information on what cards your mobo supports at the Asus home site. Depending on what youir mobo supports you will be able to play some of the older games and get good quality video playback I'm sure.

You should be able to overclock as some of those older cpus clocked really well btu you would need to read up on how to do it. Flying by the seat of your pants stuff that is for surebut can give some great results.
happywave.gif

Attachments

• 2009-05-06_112748.jpg
    2009-05-06_112748.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 311
Reaction score
mobo is asus p3v x4

i know i can only run 1 at a time-but sometimes you can bridge the 2 cards(use the memory off the second card aswell). idk. but thanks for your help abarbarian. i will check out overclocking.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
zippy said:
mobo is asus p3v x4

i know i can only run 1 at a time-but sometimes you can bridge the 2 cards(use the memory off the second card aswell). idk. but thanks for your help abarbarian. i will check out overclocking.
In my day ... I'm older than that machine you is trying to resurrect ... they were called 3DFX, or the Voodoo graphics card.

I wouldn't bother trying to overclock something that is at least a 100years old, you will kill it, especially that MB. I wonder if it's an ECS. ;)

It is, however, a Socket 370 systems based on the Intel Pentium III, Celeron and, believe it or not, a VIA C3 Processor. I hated VIA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_card

:user:

Reaction score
believe it or not its not an ecs -i do have one tho lol
but lol that still doesnt answer my question on whether or not its possible to bridge my PCI and AGP graphics cards lol- i will however take into consideration the over clocking

is 9 yrs old?lol i still have a tandy 1000(dont know if it works lol)-dont wanna pay the fee to dipose of it so ill keep it till its worth something lol.

Reaction score
I do not recommend and believed you can bridge the PCI to AGP video card.
There are different interface cards running at different bandwidth and speed.

Even you can do so, the general performance will not be much better since your got a slow CPU on your PC.

Hope this helps!
Bill

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
User Name Policy
Please note that the User-name should conform to the following guidelines and it should not be changed once set. Forum members are required to register with a displayed name or user-name which does NOT feature an email address, ALL CAPS, an obvious company name, or names that may carry a message or meaning that may be interpreted as inappropriate. Admin decision in this regard is final and user-names deemed inappropriate for the forum will be deleted.
:wave:

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/guidelines.php

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
No you can't is the short and easy answer

Unless you know something the original engineers didn't? ;)

Ask a Question