Valve and Razer Demo Motion-Control Left 4 Dead 2 on PC

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Love the look and possibilities of this. Think PS Move but better! :D

Heres LFD2 being played with it, looks really good i think...

Think motion control is just for consoles? Think again: On the show floor at CES, Valve demoed how easy it was to chop zombies with the new Razer & Sixense "Ultra Motion Controller" for PCs.

While the hardest of hardcore are busy gnashing their teeth and wailing about how motion control is a dead-end technology and how game companies should be focusing on delivering supergraphics with even higher resomolutions, real-time infra-bumpmaptoasters and polygon shademashers, game developers are busy working out how to potentially evolve the medium in a way that removes one of the biggest barriers to entry for non-gamers (the controller) and doesn't just depend on becoming more prohibitively expensive. Though all three console manufacturers currently have - or are developing - their own motion control technology, the same seemed to be largely absent from the PC gaming field... until now.

Gaming peripheral maker Razer showed off its 'Razer Sixense Ultra Precise Motion Controller' at the CES show floor, developed in conjunction with motion sensing firm Sixense (y'know, like it says right there in the title). Using electromagnetic sensors, the RSUPMC (as I will be calling it from now on) is reportedly accurate to 1 millimeter of positioning and a single degree of rotation, and "aims to bring 'true-to-life, next-generation motion sensing and gesture recognition controller for PC gaming.'"
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...Razer-Demo-Motion-Control-Left-4-Dead-2-on-PC

http://sixense.com/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very cool indeed :D Lightsaber anyone? :thumb:

It's interesting to see the PC catch up with gaming consoles when it comes to input devices. As much as I'm starting to get in to my PS3 when it comes to gaming, I still prefer the PC for FPSs. I can't wait to see what the gaming landscape looks like in 10 years time!

Ask a Question