CES 2017: Razer three-screened laptops 'stolen'

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Two prototype models of an unusual gaming laptop with three screens have been stolen at the CES tech show in Las Vegas, according to PC maker Razer.

The concept device boasts three 4K screens and is said to be the first portable laptop of its kind.

Razer said the laptops had gone missing from its booth at the tech show on Sunday.

The incident was being taken "very seriously", said chief executive Min-Liang Tan.

A Razer spokesman said it was offering $25,000 (£20,600) for any "original information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction" of those allegedly involved in the crime.

"Our teams worked months on end to conceptualise and develop these units," Mr Tan said in a post on his official Facebook page.

"It is cheating, and cheating doesn't sit well with us. Anyone who would do this clearly isn't very smart."
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38565913

I've seen the words publicity stunt mentioned a few times regarding this, I wonder....

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I've seen the words publicity stunt mentioned a few times regarding this, I wonder....

It does make one wonder. I have seen a few people comment on Facebook and YouTube the Razer wasn't getting as much attention as what people thought it would.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You'd think it'd be damn hard to smuggle these out of CES! If it was a publicity stunt, then it certainly worked, as it even made the BBC news top 10 stories sidebar.

Reaction score
The CES is being staged at the Mandalay Bay Hotel, Las Vegas and security is tight BUT The foot fall is great the exhibition area is large than any of the exhibition halls in the UK and the footfall of visitors from all over the world. I believe the the exhibition is the joining of three halls not including the conferences that take place in other conference rooms a total of visitors last year were 177,393. and the exibition space used last year was 2.47 million net square feet of exhibit space not including any conferences. Like all Hotels on the Strip they are all Massive. and all of the hotels are pretty well booked out for the CES visitors.

Last edited:
Reaction score
and the exibition space used last year was 2.47 million net square feet of exhibit space not including any conferences. Like all Hotels on the Strip they are all Massive. and all of the hotels are pretty well booked out for the CES visitors.