play, it flashes Stop in the right hand corner of the screen. The drive is
present in My Computer. If I turn the unit off, then on, I get a "balloon"
that say's "this device will work at a reduced rate, unless you plug it into
a hi-speed port". I have a Hi-Speed program loaded into the computer. (I
think) 2.0

Thanks for any help!

R

Richard in AZ

It sound like you do not have physically have USB2 ports. This is a hardware issue, not a software
issue.
If you leave the drive on, it will not give you that message more than once. If you turn it off and
on, it give you the message the first time it logs in.
You can buy USB2 cards that plug into the computer and will give you the "higher speed connection".

G

Richard in AZ said:
It sound like you do not have physically have USB2 ports. This is a hardware issue, not a software
issue.
If you leave the drive on, it will not give you that message more than once. If you turn it off and
on, it give you the message the first time it logs in.
You can buy USB2 cards that plug into the computer and will give you the "higher speed connection".

Thanks for the info. Might you be talking about a "card" that plugs into the exsiting port? Found a few on that auction site.

R

Richard in AZ

If you have a desk-top computer, I recommend a "PCI" card that installs inside the computer and adds
2 to 4 USB2 ports.
If you have a laptop, you will need to find a "PCMCI" adapter to add a couple of USB2 ports.

Ask a Question