USB memory stick problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have 4 usb memory sticks. 3 of them work fine, however the 4th does not seem to. It is a smart looking stainless steel stick bought by my son for fathers day last year, with a capacity of 16GB. The problem occurs when I drag a folder, jpg, exe or RAR file onto it. They all appear on the drive/stick or whatever you want to call it, complete with the size of the file. But when I double-click on the folder, it is empty. On the jpg I get the message: No preview available. On the exe file: The program is too big to fit in memory. (Really??? 1,006KB program!!!) And on the RAR file: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.
I've formatted the drive twice but still get these problems. Pdf and doc files seem to open ok.
Can anyone advise me on what's going on please?
Thanks,
Mike

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Looks like you got the dud one. :(

CSB

Reaction score
I'd say its deffinately corrupted/faulty in some way. I wouldn't hold out much luck for it miraculously working as it should. If its still in warrently try getting a refund or replacement. Should just be within warrenty (16th June).

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yep bin it!

Sounds like it may even have been a dodgy back door one, there are lots floating around nowadays even from reputable dealers, either that or its had a whack, as they can go corrupt after just a small knock, I have had one go kaput after only being on me keyring for a week..:nod:

Reaction score
Thanks for advice. My son bought it from a shop when he was working in the Colchester area. We're in South Wales and he can't remember what shop and can't find the receipt. Looks like it's the bin then - pity as it looks so nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question