USB mass storage device is detected but does not show in my computer

G

Hello

I've been having a similar problem with a lot of USB devices on my XP Professional computer

XP detects the device no problem, and shows no issue with the USB device (IE USB thumb drive). The "Safely remove hardware" Icon sits in my tray and verifies that the computer can see my device

But when I go to access the drive in My Computer, nothing is there. No new drive or drive letter.

The only thing I can currently get to work on my computer in USB format is my mouse.

Thanks for any help

Kriste

My sony memory stick reader, my USB thumb drive and my MP3 player will not appear.
If I plug these devices in on my husbands XP computer, they can be accessed like normal.

D

David

Hello,

I've been having a similar problem with a lot of USB devices on my XP Professional computer.

XP detects the device no problem, and shows no issue with the USB device (IE USB thumb drive). The "Safely remove hardware" Icon sits in my tray and verifies that the computer can see my device.

But when I go to access the drive in My Computer, nothing is there. No new drive or drive letter.

The only thing I can currently get to work on my computer in USB format is my mouse.

Thanks for any help.

Kristen

My sony memory stick reader, my USB thumb drive and my MP3 player will not appear.
If I plug these devices in on my husbands XP computer, they can be accessed like normal.

I had a similar problem, I resolved it by right clicking My Computer >
Manage > Disk Management. If you can find your thumb drive here, fomat
it (fat) and you should then see it in My Computer.

HTH

Ask a Question