USB light flashing green on Speedtouch modem.

Reaction score
Hi,

Right, so, my internet is working fine, and I reformat. I install everything back. But, when i start up, the modem (speedtouch 330) has both lights green, i connect, both lights green, but after about a minute online the USB light flashes alot, and my connection is still there, but nothing works.

Been on the phone to BT all weekend, they sent a replacement modem, same problem, rang them again, and i get a 'no definate answer.'

(I have tried changing everything, filters, cables, modems, the works, and remember, it WAS working a week ago. And i have done some power managment thing.)

Got new drivers for MB and everything.

Also, right now i am on my old computer, and it works fine, but the USB light still flashes, a lot, constantly.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Yeah SP2 is on, but it still worked on SP1. And yeah the motherboard usb drivers been updated.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
which light is flashing?, on my sagem 800-840 modem the left is the phone line right is power

Reaction score
surely thats the data indicator and is designed to flash when data is passed through.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's been mentioned by a friend, but it never happened before the reformat, and BT said it wasn;t normal..

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
If your net is working fine, then theres nothing wrong.

Most modems have an "Activity" light which flashes constantly when your on the net, its probably just that and you've never noticed it before.

Ask a Question