Speedtouch/ Wanadoo Media Download problems

Reaction score
I have a packard bell PC with Windows XP and a Speedtouch 3.30 modem. My ISP is wanadoo. When I download mp3s, they always play back corrupted (sounding as if they were a skipped cd). This happens no matter where I download them from. Its not the players as they play everything else fine and it happens on both windows media player and real one.
I have noticed that during download the green USB light on my modem flashes and flickers madly, and if I check my Speedtouch diagnostics, I can see that the downstream bitrate often drops to 0 mid-download.
Is the problem the modem or my line? Anyone else experiencing this?

Please help!!!

Cheers

Dave

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is working fine, but record companies now to this to MP3 tracks so people stop downloading them (i.e flooding the market with something that doesnt work). In fact, I'm positive this is what is happening!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do old MP3's you have already downloaded work ok? It could be a faulty media player, audio codec or sound driver, as it is unlikely that only MP3s could get courrupted but surfing etc... works ok.

Reaction score
Its a brand new computer so don't have any mp3s. Streaming audio works fine though so I don't think its the players. The downloads are perfect quality (as you would expect) but every 5 seconds or so though there is a blip, as if it was suffering interference.

Ask a Question