USb 2.0 updates

L

luckeyo

I have installed a video editing program. Upon connection of the hardware via USB port an error messate comes up saying a high speed hardware requiring USB 2.0 high speed port is connected to a USB 1.1 hub. Is there a way to upgrade the USB 1.1 hub to a USB 2.0 hub.

The editor and programs with the unit perform poorly.

L

luckeyo

Seems like either no one can readly answer the question. Or it is rather a hardware problem!
I have installed a video editing program. Upon connection of the hardware via USB port an error messate comes up saying a high speed hardware requiring USB 2.0 high speed port is connected to a USB 1.1 hub. Is there a way to upgrade the USB 1.1 hub to a USB 2.0 hub.

C

Courtney

luckeyo said:

A USB 2.0 port is a different type of hardware. You cannot upgrade a 1.1 via
software. Your best choice is to purchase a USB 2.0 PCI card.

By the way, make sure you have at least Service Pack 1 installed. You didn't
mention your operating system, but USB 2.0 only works correctly with Windows 98
or better.

courtney sends...

Ask a Question