Upgrade Windows XP Home To Windows XP Pro?

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a laptop here with xp home editon w/SP2

is there a dummy way of just upgrading it to xp pro.

or do i have to reformat the machine with the Pro CD?

thanks

Reaction score
okay thanks,

i think an fresh install is always best anyways.

On a side note!
Do you know how i would go about with outlook express .dbx files to outlook 2003? (importing)

i need to back up the email and not sure exaclly what to do with these .dbx files

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Bobeh said:
okay thanks,

i think an fresh install is always best anyways.

On a side note!
Do you know how i would go about with outlook express .dbx files to outlook 2003? (importing)

i need to back up the email and not sure exaclly what to do with these .dbx files
Import Export may or may not work depending on how Windows is feeling at the time ... personally I learned to print off all my emails, 'cos I could never get that crap to work.

Just me though, nobody else has ever had a failure. ;)

Reaction score
my outlook never worked because 4 years ago ntl cocked up the installation and i just used hotmail instead :p

muckshifter

Reaction score
PotGuy said:
my outlook never worked because 4 years ago ntl cocked up the installation and i just used hotmail instead :p
You do not need NTL to cockup Outlook ... it does the job for you.

I never installed any NTL stuff ... but then I never install ANY crap if I can help it.

I now have BT/Yahoo ... all I did was get the drivers off the CD ... bugger their crap. Mind you, it took me ages to figure out how to tell them to stop blocking my emails. ;)

Give me NTL anyday. :thumb:

Reaction score
Give me a break i was only 11 :p

Hotmail does the job fine for me, ill sort out proper email after i get a new comp

muckshifter

Reaction score
ouch!

PotGuy said:
Give me a break i was only 11 :p

Hotmail does the job fine for me, ill sort out proper email after i get a new comp
oops, sorry ... we learn everyday.

:D

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
You do not need NTL to cockup Outlook ... it does the job for you.

I never installed any NTL stuff ... but then I never install ANY crap if I can help it.

I now have BT/Yahoo ... all I did was get the drivers off the CD ... bugger their crap. Mind you, it took me ages to figure out how to tell them to stop blocking my emails. ;)

Give me NTL anyday. :thumb:

Re: NTL > if you have a problem> do this DON`T put their software in> just set up your Email through OE Etc: when you send and receive> NTL will set up automatically hence >No problem ;) Well I don`t get any anyways 12 Years on:p

Reaction score
I'm going to upgrade a friends PC from ME to XP

But which version of XP to go for Home or Pro And do i go for OEM or Full?
Any views most welcome!

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
go for xp home oem it is the cheapest and there is not much of a difference from xp home and pro

Ask a Question