M1 Processors

Reaction score
Has anyone bought on of the new Apple machines with the M1 processor?

I’m in the market for a new laptop as my 2013 MacBook Air and 2013 Surface Pro are both on the verge of death.

I was going to buy the new MacBook Air as my previous one was the best laptop I’ve ever owned. I’m just holding off though to see if Apple announce anything in the way of updates at the WWDC in a couple of weeks.

I have toyed with a windows laptop but whenever I go look at them they just don’t hold up to the MacBook Air in terms of build quality and the reviews the Macs are getting with the new M1 chip are unreal.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
If anyone can afford it, Apple all the way. Yes, the new M1 chip is really very good. :nod:

Reaction score
If anyone can afford it, Apple all the way. Yes, the new M1 chip is really very good. :nod:
What Apple machine do you have? If there’s no big laptop announcement in a couple of weeks I’ll get the MacBook Air. Will up hard drive to 512 but might keep 8gb ram as apparently the new processors makes that much more efficient too.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
What Apple machine do you have? If there’s no big laptop announcement in a couple of weeks I’ll get the MacBook Air. Will up hard drive to 512 but might keep 8gb ram as apparently the new processors makes that much more efficient too.

Not that I personally have it but based on friends and family who use them in different configurations and not forgetting reading and digesting technology articles. :user: If I were in the market today to buy a laptop and I had the required budget for it I would not hesitate to get a MacBook.

Ask a Question