Apple's price hike

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It would seem that Apple are hiking their prices by up to £500, blaming exchange rates and Brexit. Really...? :eek: I know their products tend to be more expensive than their competitors, but isn't this a bit OTT? Or will dedicated users just accept the drain on their wallets, I wonder?

Under the guise of releasing a new high-spec range of laptops, Apple has raised prices across its entire computing range.

The updated MacBook Pros are more expensive than the machines they are replacing, but computers that have had no change to their specifications at all have also had their prices increased.
Source: www.ibtimes.co.uk

Reaction score
Just an excuse. Anyone who falls for this tactic is either completely Niave or incredibly idiotic with no sense of the value of money

Core

noot, noot
Reaction score
As much as I love using Apple products, the last refresh of their computer product lines really made me give up on getting a new one for the foreseeable future. They dropped their consumer grade laptops and Mini machines to dual-core yet increased pricing. Yes, the products are polished and a pleasure to use, and I do really much prefer OS X to Windows... But I have a hard time justifying to myself purchasing products with lowered specs and increased price. What with how the quality of their online (cloud) services has decreased noticeably, I am not so sure that my next phone will be an iPhone, much less my next desktop.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There have been quite a few companies raising prices and blaming this on Brexit affecting our currency.

People observing this usually have one of two views and it usually depends on how they voted about stopping immigration, er, sorry, staying or remaining in the EU.

Some people sneer and say 'see, told you so' and justify the companies' price hike whereas another camp tend to bury their heads in the sand and blame the companies of 'Sheer greed' and using Brexit as an excuse.

Who knows the truth?

Apple can go take a running hike anyway, in my life I've bought two iPods and an iPhone 4 and that will be all I ever buy from the ghost of Steve Jobs.

Reaction score
In my honest opinion I believe that Apple have always been overpriced as so much of technology has been over priced. I remember the first PC I purchased was a HP and that was in the day that were a wonder gadget at the time I was a site manager(caretaker) for a KCC Education IT department when it came time to upgrade I made built my own a more powerful PC than the old HP it was cheaper than the old 32 bit HP and I got a sense of achievement doing my self. From that day forward I have built my own PC's and built them for friends as well.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Way to go Apple. Fleece the rich and stupid. Darn if only I had bought some Apple shares years ago. :cheers:
Did y'all know Steve Jobs was a reincarnation of Robin Hood. Its true I tell you true :fool:

Reaction score
Firms will always take advantage of a situation to hike up prices of their goods.
Do people remember when the country changed to decimal? Every thing jumped up, by a big margin.

Ask a Question