First Look At Apple's OS X El Capitan

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Anandtech have an article covering the next iteration of the Apple OS X. Version 10.11, dubbed El Capitan:

From an OS perspective, WWDC straddles an interesting point between announcing new OSes and priming developers for them. The sole public session of the conference is the Keynote, where Apple announces the newest versions of OS X, iOS, and whatever other major initiatives they have going on. However once the keynote is done, that’s it for the public. The company has plenty of other activities going on at WWDC, but those are closed door events for attending developers. Ultimately there’s no practical way for Apple to announce something major like a new OS to developers without the news leaking, so the company instead does a public announcement to get consumers and developers excited while neatly sidestepping the immediate issue with keeping such a big secret, and then closes up to get to work on preparing developers for their latest OSes.

Read the rest here:
http://anandtech.com/show/9380/os-x-el-capitan-first-look

Reaction score
Apple = ££££
The top tablet recently in a sunday paper review was the Tesco Hudl2 @ £99.:nod:
Wonder who on here is wise enough to have one?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Wonder who on here is wise enough to have one?

My other half has a 27" iMac which I use a lot. I have also owned Macbook Pro's in the past. They might be expensive, but they do what it says on the tin and just work. Oh they also hold their value quite well.

Ask a Question