updated icons for quick launch?

updating quick launch appearance

All:

I’ve been searching for an hour but I can’ find any download that can add-in
some different, newer quick launch toolbar icons.

I only use my quick launch toolbar – no desktop icons visible.

So, I would like to upgrade to some more hi-tech-looking icons for the QL
links mainly to my main drives (most important) and ; frequent programs for
burning / ripping files / video players and most importantly, plain letters
for my drives since I’m up to H: (to me, the default icons for drives are
very vague and ambiguous).

Many thanks in advance,

Tom Logan
Wailea, HI

Ron Badour

Your phraseology leads me to believe you might have a misunderstanding as to
what to look for. What you need are free icons (use Google, there are 1000s
available) and once downloaded, you manually substitute the icons you like
for the ones currently assigned to your shortcuts. Right click a shortcut,
properties and click the change icon button.

--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP 1997 - 2008

"updating quick launch appearance" <updating quick launch
news:[email protected]...

oldad

Hi Ron
I used the following to change icons in and IE7 until a needed reinstall
of XP Pro last week and not no matter how closely I follow the following
instructions the icons ,not the default one, the ones for any added programs:
any suggestions?
This worked fine until a Windows reinstall last week and now following these
instructions I am no longer able to change icons.I think its possible the
result of an Windows update to XP IE7
Anyone have any ideas?
This worked fine all 2007 and up to last weeks reinstall:
Could possibly be due to a Windows update to IE 7
If you right click a LINK button (that you wish to display your custom icon
file)...then > Properties > Web Document Tab > Change Icon...then browse to
and select your intended icon image > APPLY (first time)
....THEN (before closing out of the properties window) click on the GENERAL
TAB
....and click APPLY (second time)
....then tick the READ ONLY checkbox
....then click APPLY (third time)
....then click OK to close the properties window.