Uninstalling software which is hidden under Program Files

Ulead Photo Impact software didn't install properly, I think because Jasc Paint Shop Pro 60 day Trial was put on the hard drive by Dell. I can only see this Program folder, Ulead Systems, when I do a search under Program Files for it but it does not appear in the Add/Remove list so I can't figure out how to remove it. I can't open it or reinstall it because I get a message that says that there is already another Ulead product of the same name.
(I successfully Removed Jasc Paint Shop Pro)
Please help!!

Ulead Photo Impact software didn't install properly, I
think because Jasc Paint Shop Pro 60 day Trial was put on
the hard drive by Dell. I can only see this Program
folder, Ulead Systems, when I do a search under Program
Files for it but it does not appear in the Add/Remove
list so I can't figure out how to remove it. I can't
open it or reinstall it because I get a message that says
that there is already another Ulead product of the same
name.
(I successfully Removed Jasc Paint Shop Pro)
Please help!!!

You can try to delete the ulead folder under program
files, and or go to the start button, search,all files
and folders, and type ulead under all or part of the file
name. and delete the ulead progam you want to be rid of,
BE CAREFUL not to delete any other ulead progams that you
may have

Malke

think because Jasc Paint Shop Pro 60 day Trial was put on
the hard drive by Dell. I can only see this Program
folder, Ulead Systems, when I do a search under Program
Files for it but it does not appear in the Add/Remove
list so I can't figure out how to remove it. I can't
open it or reinstall it because I get a message that says
that there is already another Ulead product of the same
name.
files, and or go to the start button, search,all files
and folders, and type ulead under all or part of the file
name. and delete the ulead progam you want to be rid of,
BE CAREFUL not to delete any other ulead progams that you
may have

Actually, I ran into the exact same problem with Paint Shop Pro as you
did. Go into the Paint Shop Pro program folder (My Computer>C:>Program
Files>Paint Shop Pro or something very similar) and find the installer
program - it is probably called something like "setup.exe".
Double-click it. Now, you would *think* this would just install the
program, but it will give you the option to *uninstall* it, which is
what you want. Extremely unintuitive and stupid, in my opinion. Anyway,
that is what I did and it worked.

Malke

Kelly

Hi,

Checkpoints to consider:

Troubleshooting, Removing and/or Cleaning Add or Remove Programs
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

MJ said:
Ulead Photo Impact software didn't install properly, I think because Jasc
Paint Shop Pro 60 day Trial was put on the hard drive by Dell. I can only
see this Program folder, Ulead Systems, when I do a search under Program
Files for it but it does not appear in the Add/Remove list so I can't figure
out how to remove it. I can't open it or reinstall it because I get a
message that says that there is already another Ulead product of the same
name.

MJ

Hi Kelly,
I went to the Add Remove section you included and this
part seems to hit it:
Add and Remove
Add Programs to Add/Remove

To add additional components to the Add/Remove Programs
list (Windows Components):

Tools/Folder Options/View/Show Hidden Files and Folders
and Show Extensions for known file types.
Then go to Windows Explorer/Inf Folder/Sysoc.inf (Double
Click it). You will find several lines that include the
word 'hide'. Simply remove the word 'hide'(but leave the
comma). Save and exit. From there you will be able to
remove it from add/remove.

I did the 1st sentence but couldn't get to the
Inf Folder in Windows Explorer

I'd certainly appreciate a little more of you help.
Thanks for you lead.
MJ

--
All the Best,