unable to enter information

I am having problems with Internet Explorer. When I am on certain web sites which I need for my work, i cannot enter in any information. It seems like it is just locked up. I also have problems with my home page being changed when I turn on my computer. What could be causing this mysterious stuff to be going on?

Paul [MSFT]

Dear newsgroup poster,

This is unusual behavior - symptomatic of a possible virus infection or
other spyware/malware present on your system. Your post did not mention if
you are running Antivirus software. If not, please install an Antivirus
program, get current on the AV signatures, then run a scan to clean up the
system as a start.

Next consider installing some kind of spyware detection utility. There are
several good ones. Two programs for detecting and eliminating spyware:
LavaSoft's Ad-aware and PepiMK Software's Spybot Search and Destroy. Here's
an article on the two programs with links to where you can get them:

http://www.aarp.org/computers-software/Articles/a2003-12-08-spybot.html

Another popular program is "EMS Free Surfer". You can find this on the
web - put the text above into a search engine.

As with any shareware or 3rd party solution, your actual results may vary.

Disclaimer: Microsoft does not endorse these programs

=========

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE
Microsoft PSS