Unable to delete games

I'm setting a new workstation up with Windows 2000 and tried to delete the
games (freecell, minesweeper, etc.) but every attempt has failed. I've tried
dragging them to the recycle bin with and without the shift key held down,
I've right clicked and selected delete, I've emptied the recyscle bin and
rebooted the system--nothing works. Every time I type their name at the run
prompt they start up. I even tried renaming them and it didn't keep them from
running. I believe I am logged in as the system administrator. How do I get
rid of these apps?

R. C. White

Hi, Frus.

Go to Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs | Add/Remove Windows
Components. (I'm running WinXP; there might be slight differences in
Win2K.) Then highlight Accessories and Utilities and click Details. Remove
the check from Games, or highlight Games and click Details, then remove the
checks selectively from the games you don't want to load. OK your way out.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Frustrated system administrator" <Frustrated system
news:[email protected]...

Dave Patrick

For the games/ accessories open;
%systemroot%\inf\sysoc.inf and find the line
AccessUtil=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,accessor.inf,HIDE,7
under
; old base components
and remove
HIDE
from the line, save the file, then you can use Control Panel|Add/ Remove
Programs|Add/ Remove Windows Components, choose "Details" for "Accessories
and Utilities" and uninstall away.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect