Giveaway Coupla free games

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Humble Bundle are giving away Shadowrun Returns if you're registered with them and GoG are giving away The Witcher Enhanced version.

The Witcher enhanced is the first of the three games in the series and is now 11 years old. I bought the enhanced version on disk some time back and played it almost to the end and remember it being very good.

I tried loading it into Windows 10 a whiles back though and it didn't run very well at all so I filed the game away. I've now installed the freebie in GOG (within their Galaxy Games client) so it will be interesting to see if it runs ok, I haven't tried it yet.

There are two caveats to the Witcher Freebie though, first you have to install the Gwent Card Game which is an add-on to The Witcher 3 and you also have to subscribe to their newsletter although you can unsubscribe once you've copped the freebie.

I have The Witcher Three installed in GOG Galaxy but to the best of my knowledge the Gwent Card game runs independently of The Witcher 3. I've never played Gwent so can't comment on it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just played some Witcher Enhanced edition in Win 10 and it plays fine, no issues.

GoG often make older games compatible with newer OS's, looks like they've done that with this game

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I bought Shadowrun Returns not that long ago, and it's a good game! It really reminds me of the X-Com series, which I enjoyed too. Well worth installing for a freebie :D.

Ask a Question