UEFA Cup Final

Reaction score
Hey,

Don't suppose anyone knows where to get reasonably priced tickets for the UEFA Cup Final? My team (Rangers) are in the final in Manchester, but the tickets are selling on Ebay for well over £1000, some up to £3000!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is a massive long shot and im not expecting much, but anything's worth a shot! :nod:

Reaction score
What do you mean a package deal?

I dont think there will be any sensible priced tickets now mate, demand has gone WAY over supply.

Reaction score
Well you may have to pay £££ if you want to watch the game.
Is going to be on Sky?

Reaction score
It'll be on ITV, it's the UEFA Final, but it's once in a lifetime probably! lol.

Reaction score
Haha, thanks guys. I had already seen this cause first thing today loads of people at work emailed me with it! :)

Looks like i'll be in Manchester to watch the match then!! ;-)

Any idea's which would be better Ian, Piccadilly Gardens or Albert Square? Which would you say is the better location to watch it? And how far are they from the train station?

Cheers.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Piccadilly Gardens might have more space, and it's really close (200m) to the main Train Station (assuming you arrive at Manchester Piccadilly, I think you will though).

Albert Square is a much nicer location though and may be a bit more lively. It's a shame they don't have a TV in the Castlefield outdoor arena - it's the best location by far on a sunny day.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just got back from Deansgate locks and it's rammed with Glasgow fans, there are police everywhere!

Reaction score
I was just coming on here to post Ian!

Im on my way to Manchester around lunch time tomorrow, i'm so excited!! :)

Does it look like it's going to be a good party Ian?? Will you be going into town to watch it?

I'll be at Albert Square on your recommendation!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think it will be a very good part from what I saw last night - there are tons of Glasgow fans here already. If you're in Albert square you will be able to walk to Deansgate within a few minutes, where there are plenty of pubs :)

I'm going to be avoiding town like the plague tomorrow myself :lol:

Reaction score
Oh!! You spoil sport. Come join the party Ian!!

Come to Albert Square and meet the famous Bodhi!! hahaha.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We're (hopefully!) off out for a meal to celebrate Bex's exams ending - but probably somewhere outside of Town like Didsbury to avoid the crowd (they reakon 100,000 fans in town :D). If the roads are jammed I think it will be a Dominos takeaway though :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Electronics & Photo Fan said:
Well good thing you didn't go to Piccadilly Gardens then bodhi!
Yeah, I've just read about that now :eek:

I went to pick some shopping last night and the whole beer aisle was empty :lol:

Reaction score
Report below from ITN News:

Police chiefs were "sickened and disappointed" after Rangers fans ran amock through Manchester. More than 100,000 supporters had travelled from Glasgow for their team's Uefa Cup final against Zenit St Petersburg.

Many had been drinking all day and violence erupted at around 7.30pm when a big screen which should have show the match failed. Greater Manchester Police said a total of 42 people had been arrested during the night including three for ticket touting. Calm was restored after five hours of running battles between fans and riot police but the city centre streets are still strewn with rubbish, cans of beer and broken glass.

Rangers lost the final 2-0 after a lacklustre display at the City of Manchester Stadium but the event was marred by the violence away from the ground. Assistant Chief Constable Justine Curran of Greater Manchester Police said: "A minority of thugs have overshadowed what should have been a great occasion.

"I've watched them commit damage, assault my officers and I'm really sickened and disappointed." Beer was on tap from off-licences with supporters carrying crates of cheap lager around - Tesco opened at 7am, 18 hours before kick-off. Excitement and alcohol levels mounted all day with some fans spending hundreds of pounds on travel and hotels just to watch the game in the fan zones.

Throughout the day the atmosphere had been friendly - but when a "technical hitch" hit the screen in Piccadilly Gardens, many fans, already heavily drunk, turned nasty. The broken big screen was pelted with bottles, as were riot police as they moved in to try to quell the trouble.

Police and council officials blamed a "minority" of fans for the violence.
Rangers fans blamed the local council's "shambolic" organisation, but another said the behaviour of his fellow supporters left him "ashamed to be a Scotsman".

Reaction score
Was an amazing event yesterday!! Apparantly a lot more fans made the journey that was expected, nearly 200,000!! Manchester was just mad, can't believe how busy it was.

Could NOT find any off-licence or supermarket with any beer left around 4pm. Even tried M&S and they had sold out!!

Brilliant day and an overwhelming majority of fans behaved brilliantly, sadly a few didn't, but in a crowd that big you'll always get some.

Made my way home this morning, and Manchester was a MESS!! :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you had a good time :thumb:

Where abouts did you go in Manchester, did you stick around Albert Square mainly?

There are still tons of supporters about near the university :nod:

Reaction score
We went all over, but settled down Deansgate I think. Watched it on the big screen in Cathedral Square.

Yeah, I would like to still be there, but I had to get back for work! Boo hiss!!

When I went to get the train at 10am this morning, there were still tonnes of fans boozing in the streets! haha.

Ask a Question