Ubuntu 10.4 Lucid Lynx

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I installed it 3 days after it was released and had been tinkering with it since. It is a great distro indeed and I have decided to switch back to Ubuntu from Mint permanently now.

Anyone here using this distro?

Attachments

• ayj desktop.jpg
    ayj desktop.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,730

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The distro is coming along fine in fact it is extremely stable and fast. I tweaked it with Ubuntu tweak and the response has improved a bit.:thumb:

I was curious if anyone here has used or thinking of using it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's good timing that you posted this, as next week I am going to be installing a few Linux distros so that I can get a feel of them again. It's been quite some time since I used one for an extended period.

I'll add this one in to the mix :). I've got Mint 9 downloaded already, and I might give Fedora a go as that seems to be a popular distro for servers.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Yup, I did a Lucid install yesterday on an old lappy:

Works purrr-fectly.

happywave.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
It's good timing that you posted this, as next week I am going to be installing a few Linux distros so that I can get a feel of them again. It's been quite some time since I used one for an extended period.

I'll add this one in to the mix :). I've got Mint 9 downloaded already, and I might give Fedora a go as that seems to be a popular distro for servers.

Ian,

I suggest you create a Home partition separately and use it for all the distros you install. It will simplify the job and you can retain this partition for all the files and documents you upload or download from Linux operating systems A permanent Home folder in its own partition.:thumb:

Ask a Question