TV Shows!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Overwhelmed by cop series on terrestrial TV at the moment. :)

Collateral building up nicely to the final episode tonight. The lead character, a female cop, doesn't seem to have any baggage which is most unusual. Every other character makes up for her though.

Requiem stumbling along with some weird coincidences and ghostly stuff which I'm not keen on.

Marcella onto the third episode tonight. I didn't know what to make of the last series where I got a bit lost in the middle but decided to give the new series a go. Here she is again with blackouts and memory loss whilst investigating the murder of her son's best friend (all a bit unlikely). And she drives everywhere !!!! In real life she would be banned for medical reasons. And, she has plenty of baggage. Still, I'll give it a bit longer.

:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We watched Altered Carbon on Netflix recently. That was good. Very binge worthy.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Oooohhh that does look good :thumb: Not long to wait either!

I love how TV series nowadays are so big budget - they've become more like multi-part films, which is great :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Finished watching Altered Carbon last night, it was most excellent. Thanks for the recommendation @V_R! :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Glad to hear you enjoyed it @TriplexDread :)

We've started on the latest season of The Walking Dead recently... I had gotten quite fed up with it TBH, and I was unsure whether to carry on watching it. However, it looks like the series may be drawing to a close sometime soon, so I'm willing to see how it ends. The current season is better than I was expecting (so far)!

Reaction score
Yeah the Negan thing has started to be a little 'Meh' now
Dragged out far to long and the he said he said back and forth
Just have a battle see who wins and be done with it!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
On a good note the new season of "The Expanse" started last night if anyone was following?

Oh I hadn't realised it was out! I really enjoyed the books, and the series isn't as good by comparison, but I'll probably still watch it. Might wait until it's all out then binge though :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I got a new 55" 4K HDR TV a few weeks ago, been watching Lost in Space in 4K HDR. It looks amazing and its a good series too, well worth watching. :thumb:

In other news, Andrew Lincoln (Rick) and Lauren Cohan (Maggie) are both leaving The Walking Dead half way through season 9, surely that is going to kill it off as its on its last legs as it is.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-wa...lking-dead-lauren-cohan-maggie-season-9-exit/

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
We watched the Lost in Space film the other day, it was delightfully terrible :D I'm looking forward to watching the series though. That's great news about the new TV! Which brand/model did you go for?

Ugh, The Walking Dead. I actually enjoyed the last season, but Ian had to force me to watch it because the previous one wasn't great. I think I'm happy to just pretend that it finished at the end of season 8. IMO they should have ended it a few seasons back, they're flogging a dead donkey now.

In other TV series news, we started watching Agents of Shield recently, enjoying it so far :thumb: (although I find Fitz/Simmons REALLY annoying)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
SHEILD is awesome. I've got the latest series ready to go, been waiting for it to finish so I can binge it!

TV is a 55" Samsung MU7000, as much as I would like one of the QLED's I can't go that expensive....!

Reaction score
I do not watch much TV as most of is crap, I usually are on my pc I have all my music on it so can listen to that and keep informed at the same time. I find that the TV has become boring as so many repeats and low quality programs.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Moi aussi Mr Boots, haven't watched TV since '96 and don't own a TV.

However, not all of it is crap and I will view the occasional series one way or another, usually by obtaining mkv files, Breaking Bad, Game Of Thrones, Life On Mars and Call The Midwife are all examples of good drama (imo) and Doctor Foster was good too, both of 'em.

And talking of 'delightfully terrible' Beckie, I watched a Hammer Horror film from the mid sixties the other day 'Rasputin' with Christopher Lee playing the Mad Monk. Truly a possible contender for worst film ever with a really bad ending.

Rasputin surely a subject for a good slice of drama but this was absolute tosh.

I'm still not sure why I watched that film tbh :confused:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That trailer doesn't work for me unfortunately, but this one seems ok:

Looks good! Although it strikes me as something that would probably be good for one season then get a bit silly.

I've heard a lot of good stuff recently about Killing Eve:

It's from Phoebe Waller Bridge, and we've been watching her other series 'Fleabag' recently. I'm really enjoying it :D

This is meant to be good too:

Anyone been watching it?

And talking of 'delightfully terrible' Beckie, I watched a Hammer Horror film from the mid sixties the other day 'Rasputin' with Christopher Lee playing the Mad Monk. Truly a possible contender for worst film ever with a really bad ending.

Haha sounds good :D Have you ever watched Troll 2? Worst film I've ever seen but actually pretty hilarious because of how bad it is :lol:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Anyone been watching it?

Yup, it certainly keeps you on the edge of the seat. Same writer as Line Of Duty which I found riveting. Building up well and only two episodes left to go. :thumb:

Ask a Question