TV Shows!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yup, it certainly keeps you on the edge of the seat. Same writer as Line Of Duty which I found riveting. Building up well and only two episodes left to go. :thumb:

I'm going to have to catch up :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We're about half way though this. Very good, but not for the faint of heart. ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
^^ That was very good by the way. Well worth a watch if you like horror stuff. :nod:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm actually getting better with horror stuff, maybe I'll give it a try sometime (but don't hold your breath)!

We watched Bodyguard and Killing Eve - both very good series, but we were disappointed by the final episodes.

We've just started on the latest season of Better Call Saul and so far we have no idea what's going on :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I gave up on BCS, just couldn't get into it.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I gave up on BCS, just couldn't get into it.

Yeah, it's a shame it's not as good as Breaking Bad. I kinda want to persist, but I'm not really into it either to be honest.

Talking of Breaking Bad though... I hear there's going to be a film! Hope it's good :nod:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Daredevil has been cancelled by Netflix. Not seen S3 yet, but on the plus side apparently its a good one and ends well so if they picked a good time to do it at least!

This follows the cancellation of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and I will be amazed if Jessica Jones, The Punisher, Defenders and any others I've forgotten don't go the same way.

I'm guessing this is because Disney are starting their own streaming service and they own the rights to Marvel.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is because Disney are starting their own streaming service and they own the rights to Marvel.

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought about it like that but you're probably right :( I really enjoyed Daredevil and Luke Cage (not so much Iron Fist, but it was still ok). Jessica Jones is ace too, so I hope it isn't cancelled!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
We recently finished watching The Good Place, and we've been on the look out for another 'filler' - ie a short, light-hearted show to fill those gaps when you don't want to watch an hour-long episode of something. We're currently re-watching Game of Thrones in entirety, so it's nice having something lighter to watch afterwards.

We started on Disenchantment this week, only watched two episodes so far but not sure either of us are really into it. Has anyone here watched it? If not, do you have any other filler recommendations?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Can't help with the filler I'm afraid to say,,,,,,,,,, but ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The Curse of Oak Island is starting on the 9 th of January and it looks like they have found the looooooooooooooooooooooooot.

:thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
For filler stuff our go to is Big Bang or something.

We've started rewatching the MCU films, right from the first Iron Man.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Reddit MCU Rewatch - https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/a1jmuo/mcu_movie_rewatch_begins_tomorrow/

:D

Although we are playing catch up a bit as not seen Iron Man 2 yet!

Huh, that's a nifty idea. I haven't watched some of those in aaages. Might see if Ian is interested, but he's not often keen on watching films twice! :rolleyes:

Re TV filler, I think I might see what Ian things of How I Met Your Mother. I watched it while I was ill, but don't remember most of it given that my brain was leaking :fool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I see it as more of a challenge than anything else, see if we can actually do a film a week, we are already behind! lol.

I've only see most of them once and can honestly not remember some of them at all. Most stuff I would have very little interest in seeing again, but some stuff needs to be seen again, like these, GoT etc.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
There's a special episode of Black Mirror coming up released today - it's 1h30m long and called Bandersnatch:

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80988062

"In 1984, a young programmer begins to question reality as he adapts a sprawling fantasy novel into a video game and soon faces a mind-mangling challenge."

Apparently it's a choose your own adventure thing! Intriguing... :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Is that any good? I've still got the first series sat in the Sky planner...

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Is that any good? I've still got the first series sat in the Sky planner...

We really enjoyed it! I had low expectations so it was a pleasant surprise. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much?! :lol:

Ask a Question