TV Shows!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
@Becky you said you're doing a GoT rewatch? We've decided that we need to too, (actually it was her idea!) Do you think we'll manage it before Season 8 starts!?

Speaking of....

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
@Becky you said you're doing a GoT rewatch? We've decided that we need to too, (actually it was her idea!) Do you think we'll manage it before Season 8 starts!?

Yeah I reckon you could do it! :D It's worth doing IMO, there's a lot of stuff that I'd forgotten about. We finished season 5 the other night, and after we've watched season 6 we'll hold off watching season 7 until closer to the time.

Ooh that teaser trailer looks good! :thumb: Counting down the days...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've not started it yet, I enjoyed the first season and hear this one is better. I'll wait until I can binge it. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've not started it yet, I enjoyed the first season and hear this one is better. I'll wait until I can binge it. :)

Yeah that's a good idea. I don't like the whole 'one a week' malarkey anymore, but I didn't want to risk spoilers!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm really excited about this series from the BBC :D

They made a film of the first book in the trilogy over 10 years ago, but the sequels were never done unfortunately. This looks like it'll be great! :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
@floppybootstomp I seem to remember that you stumbled across the film crew doing some scenes on the river for that film (The Golden Compass), is that right?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ooh thank you for the heads-up @Becky. We don't watch much "live" tv here, so have missed any ads or trailers.

I read the trilogy of books about a year ago and, thoroughly enjoyed them, so it would be interesting to see the tv series. :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm really excited about this series from the BBC :D

They made a film of the first book in the trilogy over 10 years ago, but the sequels were never done unfortunately. This looks like it'll be great! :thumb:

Unknown territory for me but it certainly looks interesting. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Agent Carter Season 2 Has Found Its Villain, Get The Twisty Details

In Agent Carter Season 1, most of Peggy Carter’s enemies were original characters created for the MCU, but the main antagonist was eventually revealed as Johann Fenhoff, a.k.a. the master of hypnotism Doctor Faustus. Peggy was able to stop Fennhoff’s plan to attack Times Square in the Season 1 finale, but she’s not done facing off against adversaries from Marvel’s large library of characters. It was mentioned last month that Season 2 will include several villains from the comics, and now we know the identity of one of the evildoers: frequent Iron Man villain Madame Masque.

dTDi9VT.gif

Yeah yeah I know this came out in 2016 but it has only just arrived on my freeview tv this week.

Marvel’s Agent Carter: ‘The Lady in the Lake’ and ‘A View in the Dark’

As Marvel’s Agent Carter wades into post-war Hollywood navigating espionage, intrigue, and flamingos – nothing can be taken at face-value.

agent-carter-season-2-premiere-peggy-carter-and-dr-jason-wilkes.gif

:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ooh thank you for the heads-up @Becky. We don't watch much "live" tv here, so have missed any ads or trailers.

I read the trilogy of books about a year ago and, thoroughly enjoyed them, so it would be interesting to see the tv series. :thumb:

Same here, if I hadn't noticed it on Twitter I'd have been none the wiser! It looks good, I'm really excited to watch it. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the books, I re-read them recently (via audiobook this time, narrated by Michael Sheen) :nod:

This is next on my watch list me thinks.... :)

My brother has been telling me about this, it looks really good! We'll be adding this to our ever increasing list of things to be watched.

We watched season 1 but I can't remember much about it. I think you and @Ian may like this series for the same reason though... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Any more recommendations for new TV series? We recently started watching "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" as it was highly recommended, but I'm so-so with it.

We've still got S2 of The Orville to watch, but holding off on that one so we can binge watch it once S2 of ST:Discovery has finished.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
House on the Hunted Hill is great, if you like that kind of thing.

That Manifest I mentioned back about the missing plane, yeah don't bother, boring **** that made no sense!

Just started watching Sex Education - Great so far, very funny! - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7767422/

Yeah I'm banking ST Discovery and Gotham so I can binge them. Got the latest season of Vikings next on the list, enjoyed the previous ones.

Ask a Question