TV Shows!

Reaction score
Orphan Black finished this week.

It's been a roller coaster of a series. Over 5 years, Never a dull moment, fantastic script and cast
Tatiana was incredible throughout

Thoroughly enjoyed it and the closing episode

Reaction score
Anyone watch Snowfall? Season 1 was great
It's about the Crack cocaine epidemic in the eighties egged on by the distribution of cocaine by the CIA

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Doubt if this will be worth watching, as someone commented here in this thread there is nothing worth watching on terrestrial tv :p Mind you if the tv series is a s good as the books it may be worth a watch :cool:

Are you looking for a new television programme to watch – a show that’ll give you something new and challenging to think about each week?

A clever science fiction show, in the same vein as shows like Black Mirror or The Twilight Zone?

It sounds like Electric Dreams, Channel 4’s new anthology series co-produced with Amazon, is the show for you.

Everything you need to know about Philip K Dick’s Electric Dreams on Channel 4

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Nice one, AB. :thumb:

I read most of his stuff when in my late teens and found it fascinating. However, I appreciate that it will not be to everyone's taste. I found it very thought provoking and, as science fiction, it wasn't the usual " hero has 24 hours to save the world" rubbish.

I recorded the recent episode but haven't watched it yet.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nice one, AB. :thumb:

I read most of his stuff when in my late teens and found it fascinating. However, I appreciate that it will not be to everyone's taste. I found it very thought provoking and, as science fiction, it wasn't the usual " hero has 24 hours to save the world" rubbish.

I recorded the recent episode but haven't watched it yet.

I have it recorded too and am recording the series. I think I will wait to watch them when the weather turns really bad.
I read all the PKD books when a teenager and one of my fav all time movies is,

Blade Runner is a 1982 American neo-noir science fiction film directed by Ridley Scott and starring Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young, and Edward James Olmos. Written by Hampton Fancher and David Peoples, the film is a loose adaptation of the 1968 novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick.[6][7] It depicts a dystopian Los Angeles of 2019 in which genetically engineered replicants, which are visually indistinguishable from adult humans, are manufactured by the powerful Tyrell Corporation to work on off-world colonies. Those that escape and return to Earth are hunted down and "retired" by special police operatives known as Blade Runners. The story focuses on burnt-out expert Blade Runner Rick Deckard (Ford), who reluctantly agrees to take on one more assignment to hunt down a group of recently escaped replicants led by Roy Batty (Hauer). During his investigations, Deckard meets Rachael (Young), an advanced replicant who causes him to question his attitude towards replicants.

an they are making a sequel,

Seven versions of the film have been shown for various markets as a result of controversial changes made by studio executives. A director's cut was released in 1992 after a strong response to test screenings of a workprint. This, in conjunction with its popularity as a video rental, made it one of the first movies released on DVD—a basic production with mediocre video and audio quality.[14] In 2007, Warner Bros. released The Final Cut, a 25th anniversary digitally remastered version, the only one on which Scott had complete artistic freedom.[15] This version was shown in selected theaters and subsequently released on DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-ray.[16] A sequel, Blade Runner 2049, is scheduled for release in October 2017.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner

blissysmile.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
All 9 episodes of Stranger Things season 2 is now on Netflix! :thumb:

Also, don't forget The Blue Planet II start this Sunday night.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to Stranger Things S2 - there seems to be loads of good stuff out at the moment :). We're currently working our way through Fargo - done S1/2 so far.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Still enjoying Electric Dreams based on the work of Philip K. Dick.

The last one I watched was really interesting. Woman cop goes into Virtual Reality where she becomes a male entrepreneur. He then goes into VR and becomes the female cop. :cool:

Of course, you don't really know which is real and which is the VR world which is the basis of a lot of Dick's work. Is that monitor you're looking at real? Are you real? Are we all figments of someone else's imagination? We will never know for sure. :D

Looking forward to the rest of the series. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Started binging Stranger Things this evening!

Reaction score
I'm watching Breaking Bad again all over from the start. legendary TV show. It's just as good the second time even though I already know what happens.

Reaction score
Love me Star Trek. It is far, far ahead of the original series technology wise but good fun nonetheless

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Been really enjoying this series, Netflix gets a new episode every Monday
Yes, although we have to wait until early January now. Americans and their mid season breaks eh!? :mad:

But yes its good, I don't/didn't like the way the Klingon's spoke, but now the translator is a thing I'm hoping we won't have to hear it again!

You guys seen any of the fan theories being thrown around?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The Punisher dropped today on Netflix. Anyone else interested?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Finished watching the first series of the defenders last night, didn't like the ending much, was expecting much more but seemed a bit of an anticlimax, Daredevil turning up alive in a hospital bed with a few bruises after a hundred million tonnes of office block and bedrock fell on him was also a bit OTT, I thought only perhaps one person may have been able to get out of that and that man is Superman, Daredevil is blind and doesn't possess those sorts of powers, Electra doesn't either or she would have just brushed everyone aside and got on with the job in hand with no fighting or faffing around.
The explanation in the next series is going to be interesting because the writers are gonna have to really pull one out the bag to get this right and seem believable because if they don't me and countless others will be turning off, that is a fact judging by the fan forums

Ask a Question