TV Shows!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That does look good... I still need to watch Iron Fist!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah us too, think we'll start it this weekend. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Looking forward to series 5 of Orange is the New Black, even if it is all getting a bit silly.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Also, new season of House of Cards will be on Netflix on 30 May, which I'm really excited about. Although, to be fair, it all looks pretty tame compared with real life in the US right now! :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We just finished S2 of Sense8. Loved it. We both did, its in my top 5 of best TV shows.

I recommend it to anyone. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I need to give Sense8 a try - I watched the first episode with Ian a while back but didn't watch any more for some reason. I've been catching up on Orphan Black while I'm laid up with my back, but it's getting boring. Might give Sense8 a watch instead :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looking forward to this, I very much enjoyed the film.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Anyone watching the new Twin Peaks? We're just watching the original series. It's rather good so far. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Anyone watching the new Twin Peaks? We're just watching the original series. It's rather good so far. :)

Darn I should have paid attention when I saw this advertised. I thought it was a re-run of the originals which I thought were fab as I did the movie, Fire Walk With Me.
The originals were darn strange and a tad unsettling at times but appealed to my warped sense of humor.
Seems they had an impact on gaming too.

Twin Peaks served as an inspiration for the 1993 video game The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, with director Takashi Tezuka citing the series as the main factor for the creation of the "suspicious" characters that populate the game, as well as the mystery elements of the story.[79] The show has also influenced a number of survival horror video games—most notably Alan Wake,[80] Deadly Premonition,[81] Silent Hill,[82] and Life Is Strange.[83]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks#Season_one

:cool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

vwMin.gif

HYPE!!!!!!! :cool::cool::dance::dance:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Finished watching Marvel's Legion, here is what the Guardian thinks,

A trippy, decadent fever dream: why Legion is the best superhero show on TV

Legion has achieved something similar on TV. It focuses on The X-Men’s institutionalised character David Haller (played with dazed intensity by Downton Abbey’s Dan Stevens, sporting a series of scruffy haircuts). So far, critics seem to be impressed: the New York Times called it a “trippy tour de force”, while Rolling Stone compared it favourably to the unique cinematic visions of Kubrick. Wes Anderson might also see something rather familiar in the pop-art cocktail of bold colours, retro styling and symmetrical compositions that make Legion the most visually arresting and aesthetically decadent show currently on TV.

It was directed by the same guy that made the excellent Fargo, this however is a different beast. I felt as though I was watching reality from inside the mind of someone having a bad acid trip. It was awful.

:cool:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I enjoyed Legion but Ian hated it... different strokes for different folks I guess :)

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Fargo but still haven't got around to watching it yet :rolleyes:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I enjoyed Legion but Ian hated it... different strokes for different folks I guess :)

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Fargo but still haven't got around to watching it yet :rolleyes:

Well I thought it had a reasonable storyline but the plot did have a load of holes in it.An some parts of it in nearly every episode just kept up the dreamy trippy stuff for far too long an usually I like a bit of trippy dippy stuff.
Fargo the movie was great especially the whacky policewoman it was a most unusual offering for its time. Do not know if the series is any good an if it do not appear on freeview I guess I never will. :cool:

Ask a Question