nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Line of Duty starting up on Sunday next. :thumb:

Previous series have been excellent. :nod:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Iron Fist is out on Netflix, anyone seen it yet?

Nope, not yet. Still trying to catch up on Daredevil season 2 and Luke Cage, but Ian doesn't like them so I only watch it when I'm in by myself (which is rare). I've heard mixed things about Iron Fist though... I'll still be watching it though.

We started watching The Americans recently, seems pretty good so far. Trailer below for anyone who hasn't heard of it:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Firefly is airing on Freeview for those that are mourning the end of Farscape series one. :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I love Firefly! Such a shame there was only one series. Have you seen Serenity (the follow-on film)?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I love Firefly! Such a shame there was only one series. Have you seen Serenity (the follow-on film)?

p0vnn75.png

Got the series and film on my ABC film theater drive. Along with all the Futurama episodes and specials and Dr Who from 2008 onwards. :dance:

Your too young to remember the ABC Minors Club at the local cinemas nation wide back in the 60's, ah those were the days, original Rocket Man episodes to look forward to every week etc etc.

:cool:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh yes those were the days:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:Me and the children used to sit down to watch together, Oh Those were the HAPPY DAYS:nod::lol::lol::lol::nod:. Now they have grown up and flown the nest and got their own families:cheers::cheers::cheers::wave::wave::wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just watched all 6 episodes of Prime Suspect 1973 and enjoyed it, despite it being written by Lynda La Plante.

It did actually have the feel of 1973, they got the cars and the clothes right. Music was a bit hit and miss though - Roxy Music; Tubular Bells and Dark Side Of The Moon - correct. All that sixties stuff was not correct though.

I was about that year in my early twenties and managed to get both stitched up and beaten up by police officers in that year, I swear they weren't as nice and as straight as those in the TV series back then. And I don't recall ever seeing any black coppers in '73, let alone a black CID officer and I'm not sure whether white CID officers would have worked so well with a black colleague. I'd like to think I'm wrong thinking that but I'm probably not wrong.

I think in some respects 'Life On Mars' was more accurate in capturing attitudes in the seventies.

Ask a Question