V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah yes I saw that, looks good, but its not until October I read. :(

Loads of good trailers during the Superbowl last night. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We've almost finished 'The Crown' - not the sort of thing I'd usually even consider tbh but its been quite good!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Anyone been watching Unforgotten on ITV? Excellent detective story with the final episode this week. Looking forward to it and no idea who dunnit. :)

In fact, reading the above posts, does anyone actually watch terrestrial TV any more? :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
We've been enjoying The Crown too, only got a few episodes left. I was surprised that Ian liked it - I think he was surprised too!

In fact, reading the above posts, does anyone actually watch terrestrial TV any more? :D

Lol, not often! :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

All the time mate. Mind you now I have decent broadband things may change.

"On New Year’s Day, British viewers sat down to watch a new episode of Sherlock – the 11th broadcast since its launch in 2010 – and sighed as they realised that the show they loved had transmogrified into a programme all about the secret history of Sherlock Holmes’s best friend’s wife. “What happened to the mysteries?” they cried. “Isn’t this supposed to be a crime show? Oh Christ, we’re not getting another wedding episode, are we?”

Guys, let me reintroduce you to Elementary. If Sherlock is the party guest who bursts in late, superficially charms everyone in a slightly self-satisfied way and then never replies to your texts, Elementary, which reimagines Holmes in a modern-day New York, is the guy you actually want to be friends with. There’s no mucking about with Elementary. No convoluted backstories where Sherlock’s best friend’s wife’s former colleague once hid a USB stick. Head down, power through, let Holmes do his business and move on: that’s the Elementary way."

Q - Why watch ?
A - Lucy Liu

"Want an arc about Moriarty? Check out the tail end of season one. Feel like exploring the relationship between Holmes and Watson? Watch the 12-episode season-three stretch. Just, for old time’s sake, want to see Sherlock Holmes actually solving stuff? Go crazy. There’s one where a vigilante superhero gets murdered, and one about a rogue cryogenic facility. There are shootings and poisonings and mysteries at every turn and, almost without fail, they’re solved by Sherlock in a rush of staccato babble in the final act. It isn’t a perfect series, but it does feel quite faithfully Holmesy."

Caught it on some freeview channel last night. Seems as though it will be decent light entertainment. The Christmas UK Sherlock bored me to tears as it was so convoluted and oh so clever. :rolleyes:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Just watched the first episode of Emerald City on freeview. Looking forward to episode two next Wednessday.

Death in Paradise has a new detective, the dumb guy from Father Ted. He goes solo next week and I am looking forward to that too.

Long live terrestrial tv.
pirates5B15D_th.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
New Top Gear started last night if anyone's interested, They've pretty much gone back to the original style when it was CH&M but with Le Blanc, Reid and Harris.

Miles better that the last series IMO.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
New Top Gear started last night if anyone's interested, They've pretty much gone back to the original style when it was CH&M but with Le Blanc, Reid and Harris.

I ended up giving last season a miss entirely, but might give this one a go :). Still haven't watched The Grand Tour yet, so I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score

Good to know! I'd seen stuff in the news about it so wondered how it was going to go without Chris Evans. I didn't watch the first series at all after hearing the reviews!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Chris Evans is a tit. He ruined the first series.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The Last Kingdom series two start next Thursday. Looking forward to that, the first series was good.

Also:

July.

:thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Agh, can't wait! :dance: Such a shame it had to be pushed back this year...

Not too long until Better Call Saul season 3 though :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Well hop to it then! :p

We've just started watching The Americans, seems pretty good so far. Before that we watched The Night Manager - what an awesome series that was! Best thing I've watched in ages. I read recently that they're going to do a second season too :thumb:

Also we finished watching Parks & Recreation. I'm so sad we've run out of episodes! :cry:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Iron Fist is out on Netflix, anyone seen it yet?

Ask a Question